What's new

Custom ring tone selected but not playing

gunslinger686

Reaction score
I have a relatively new iPhone 6 I downloaded a custom ring tone from iTunes I have it selected in my sound settings but the default Apple ring tone is what plays when I receive a phone call . How do I get my custom ring tone to working again it used to work fine all the sudden this change has occurred ?

Thanks

Welcome to iPhoneForums, gunslinger686!

Which software version is installed on your iPhone? What you're experiencing was an issue with an earlier version of iOS8. It was fixed by an update. So if your device is not up to date, back it up and update to iOS 8.3.

If that doesn't fix your problem, try resetting your iPhone. This won't revert settings or remove data. To reset, press and hold Home and Power button until the Apple logo appears. Let go of both, your iPhone will power up on it's own.

Make sure the desired sound is selected in your settings. If it is, uncheck the tone and select it once more.

OK, I was trying to assign the tone to my wife. I tried everything but no matter what I assigned her the ring tone for her phones would be whatever the default was in the sounds file. Then finally I just deleted her from the contacts and reentered her with the correct ring tone and it now works as designed.

Welcome to iPhoneForums, stanleyz!

I'm glad you found the solution. Thank you for telling us. It might help another member with a similar problem.