What's new

Custom Boot Logo?

Reaction score
Anybody know if the Apple boot logo can be replaced with a logo of my choosing? One that I made in Adobe Illustrator?

Working with iPhone 4S 64GB iOS 6.0.1. with evasi0n.

That would be AWESOME, but I don't think you can change the boot up screen. Do you mind sharing your wallpaper?

If you're looking for strictly boot logo (not the loading screen logo when you respring or the later ~5-10 seconds of booting up), you'd need a tweak like Animate. There was an older method of using Winterboard to implement it back with Evasi0n7, but that's no longer the case since it won't show until the later few seconds prior to your boot up of your firmware.

If you're looking for a loading screen logo change, you can implement that using Winterboard. I don't reboot/turn off my device often unless the battery's died out, so I don't dwell with boot logos. If it's the latter though, I can provide directories for you to implement loading screen changes yourself.

If you're looking for strictly boot logo (not the loading screen logo when you respring or the later ~5-10 seconds of booting up), you'd need a tweak like Animate. There was an older method of using Winterboard to implement it back with Evasi0n7, but that's no longer the case since it won't show until the later few seconds prior to your boot up of your firmware.

If you're looking for a loading screen logo change, you can implement that using Winterboard. I don't reboot/turn off my device often unless the battery's died out, so I don't dwell with boot logos. If it's the latter though, I can provide directories for you to implement loading screen changes yourself.

Thanks for the info. I'm understanding that in order to change the "boot up" logo screen you have to be Jailbroken?

Thanks for the info. I'm understanding that in order to change the "boot up" logo screen you have to be Jailbroken?

Yes, because the boot up logo is tied to the boot sequence, and since you need root access to make changes outside of designated sandboxed areas (i.e. where AppStore apps have access to), you'd need to jailbreak your device to do so.