What's new

Creating multiple "Users"

sneumann

Reaction score
I am trying to find out if there is a way to set the iPhone 4 up with separate "users". I work for a police department and we need to be able to have 2-3 offices assigned to each phone. Is there a way to accomplish this without jailbreaking the phone?

iOS doesn't currently support multiple users.

I am trying to find out if there is a way to set the iPhone 4 up with separate "users". I work for a police department and we need to be able to have 2-3 offices assigned to each phone. Is there a way to accomplish this without jailbreaking the phone?
iOS devices were designed as single user devices and have no provision to set up multiple user accounts in the manner of PC's.

It could work, depending on what all would need to be separate. Photos would be no problem. There's apps to lock those in. You can have 3 email accounts you can sign in and out of. iTunes would be shared. It could be done.

Sent from my ancient iPhone 5 (no longer trustworthy)

It could work, depending on what all would need to be separate. Photos would be no problem. There's apps to lock those in. You can have 3 email accounts you can sign in and out of. iTunes would be shared. It could be done.

The storage would have to be partitioned so that each user would have their own separate space. Otherwise one user would be interfering with another user's files. And, having to log in every time you want to use the phone would be a big pain.

It would work after a fashion but they would not be fully separate accounts such as a guest account on your PC. Much of the data, apps, etc. would still be shared by anybody using the phone.

Last edited:
The storage would have to be partitioned so that each user would have their own separate space. Otherwise one user would be interfering with another user's files. And, having to log in every time you want to use the phone would be a big pain.
As far as I know, you can't partition the storage on an iPhone or any iOS device.