What's new

Creating a ringtone without using iTunes, possible?

KrakrJack

Reaction score
Hi, I was wondering is there anyway to create and use ring tones on the iPhone without using iTunes. I would love it if it was like zedge is for android, where you find the ringtone you want and can automatically download it and save it to a certain contact or as the main ringer. Thanks in advance…

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others. ~ Groucho Marx

There are a few ways to do so, you can use apps like iphoneringtonemaker, or you can use a simple audio converter to convert audio files to .m4a (aac) and then rename it to .m4r, iTunes has a built in converter to do that but there are plenty of third party converters, you can then upload the ringtone with apps like iFunBox.

Make sure the song is 30 seconds or under, if you have a ringtone on the phone already you can rename a m4r file to an exact same name as a current ringtone and replace it, this allows you to add music over 30 seconds if you want to.

In iFunBox head on into raw file system and then itunes control, there you will see the ringtone folder if you decide to use that method to upload music.