What's new

Create apple id without Icloud (limit reached) is it possible?

You will need a backup method. If you don’t use iCloud, use iTunes on a computer, and backup your device regularly.

I had to edit my last post in this thread: for two factor authentication, you need an iCloud ID. So you can’t set it up for an Apple ID like the one you’re intending to use.

I mean two factor authentication through celluar mobile number- thats how i used it on my facebook and instagram accounts- if somoene tries to log to them sms is send to my cell number with verification code. So i wont need trusted device but my phone number, Or it won't work like that?

You’d need an iCloud ID for two factor authentication, so this won’t be possible.
CC789C78-FE73-4287-840F-B5DD71555009.jpeg

Got that. So i will be calling my nephew tomorrow, ill hope he gives me one of the iclouds he wasted by his paranoia. He created one and removed it simply because he didnt liked the username, so althout its a bit to much for me to ask them for that but i still wll because it seems icloud is good after all. Now something came to my mind which i found on a web site, it says that if i create app id through app store (like J.A. suggested, and than i try to sign to icloud as well it will work regardless of the limitation. Take a look

1. Open a web browser on another device (or Safari on the device in question) and go to this webpage to create a new Apple ID at apple.com
  2. Go through the process of creating a new Apple ID and iCloud account as usual, you’ll need to use an email account that is not otherwise associated with an Apple account (if you forgot your Apple ID or password, reset it with these instructionsinstead
    Back on the iOS device, go to Settings > iCloud > and enter the newly created Apple ID to login to the device

That’s it, you’ve created a new Apple ID and can log into iCloud on the device that moments ago was saying it was no longer eligible to do so.

Thats on the site osxdaily.com the comments bellow some say it worked other that it didn't. What do you think will happen if i create apple id from the app store/safari and then try to log to icloud with same id?

Guys update here! I talked to my nephew just now and he will tell me one of the apple id's he created on that device- he that signed out and factory reseted the phone because he didn't liked the username (he doesnt use it anymore). Once he give it to me, i will change the password and add my personal phone number. Do i have to do anything else? I mean like checking some settings or will apps that he downloaded while using it for those couple of days automatically get installed on my phone? For example if he had facebook downloaded through his apple id and now i take that apple id will facebook automatically install on my phone with his username and password (of the facebook) automatically singed in or it doesn't work like that. In other words once i gain control of the apple id he will give me and change the password and phone number do i have to worry if he can used some spy programs and stuff (the kid is having sirious paranoid problems, he is having mind issues), and apart from worrying for him i just want to be sure there wont be any problems. :)

Got that. So i will be calling my nephew tomorrow, ill hope he gives me one of the iclouds he wasted by his paranoia. He created one and removed it simply because he didnt liked the username, so althout its a bit to much for me to ask them for that but i still wll because it seems icloud is good after all. Now something came to my mind which i found on a web site, it says that if i create app id through app store (like J.A. suggested, and than i try to sign to icloud as well it will work regardless of the limitation. Take a look

1. Open a web browser on another device (or Safari on the device in question) and go to this webpage to create a new Apple ID at apple.com
  2. Go through the process of creating a new Apple ID and iCloud account as usual, you’ll need to use an email account that is not otherwise associated with an Apple account (if you forgot your Apple ID or password, reset it with these instructionsinstead
    Back on the iOS device, go to Settings > iCloud > and enter the newly created Apple ID to login to the device

That’s it, you’ve created a new Apple ID and can log into iCloud on the device that moments ago was saying it was no longer eligible to do so.

Thats on the site osxdaily.com the comments bellow some say it worked other that it didn't. What do you think will happen if i create apple id from the app store/safari and then try to log to icloud with same id?
My daughter uses her Gmail address as iCloud ID. She set it up as Apple ID on my previous iPad, which had already reached the free iCloud limit, if memory serves right. Somehow she managed to use it as iCloud ID as well. That was a few years ago, so I’m not sure if it still works.

Guys update here! I talked to my nephew just now and he will tell me one of the apple id's he created on that device- he that signed out and factory reseted the phone because he didn't liked the username (he doesnt use it anymore). Once he give it to me, i will change the password and add my personal phone number. Do i have to do anything else? I mean like checking some settings or will apps that he downloaded while using it for those couple of days automatically get installed on my phone? For example if he had facebook downloaded through his apple id and now i take that apple id will facebook automatically install on my phone with his username and password (of the facebook) automatically singed in or it doesn't work like that. In other words once i gain control of the apple id he will give me and change the password and phone number do i have to worry if he can used some spy programs and stuff (the kid is having sirious paranoid problems, he is having mind issues), and apart from worrying for him i just want to be sure there wont be any problems. :)
You’ll have to find out if he set up two step verification for the account, or something similar. The ID might have security questions set up, and if so, it’s necessary that you know the answers, otherwise you can’t change anything for that iCloud ID. If there’s a recovery key, you have to find it out and save it somewhere. Not on your iPhone.
Make sure you find out whatever security features your nephew added to this iCloud ID, and make sure you get every information you need to know.

Tbh, I wouldn’t use an email account someone else set up. iCloud is a service that provides way more than just an email address. It also offers backups, saves login information, can find your iPhone, and it has many more features, so if something goes wrong when transferring the account, someone else can access important information.

Look what info i found from a guy who says he works for apple on other forum. I came to conclusion that although i will be able to create apple id, it wont allow me to sing to icloud since the 3 limit is reached. The only thing i need that icloud has is two factor authentication. If it was somehow possible to use trusted phone number as 2fa without being logged to the icloud it would be great. But simply a password wont do the trick for me, passwords are easy to break, Thats the info i found

@DVG That's what we're saying. At least 3 devices have signed in and claimed the iCloud 5GB storage. When you create an Apple ID in iTunes on a Desktop or even on an iPad, until it is used at least once to sign in to iCloud on an Apple device (Mac/iPod/iPhone/iPad) it does not have 5GB of storage on iCloud.

Every device is allowed to give out a total of 15GB of iCloud storage. That means 3 Apple ID's that have never signed in with iCloud before, therefore do not have the 5GB of storage, will get 5GB allocated to it.

If an Apple ID has been given the 5GB already, then you can sign in perfectly fine without issue.

Once a device has used up the entire 15GB of iCloud storage it's allotted, you can no longer sign in on the device with a brand new Apple ID and get 5GB of storage. You will have to use a different device to do so.

0 Likes

Getting Started with Two-Step Verification
With two-step verification, your identity will be verified using one of your devices before you can make changes to your account, sign in to iCloud, or make iTunes or App Store purchases from a new device.

I created an apple id trhough windows pc, i havent yet signed it through my iphone. When i check settings thats what it says for 2fa. It seems that it may be possible to activate it if i purchase something from the App store?

When i tap countinue.. That comes

Add a trusted phone number
Enter the phone number you want to use to receive verification codes when signing in. This phone number must be able to receive SMS text messages.

Country Options
phone numberThis can be your own number, or the number of someone you trust.

droidprincess hi there so you do not use icloud and still are able to use two factor. How did you turned it on if possible to tell us :)

This is not completely true.... I have an Apple ID with my personal email and no @icloud.com icloud ID and I use two factor Auth and ALL of the apple features.
It doesn’t have to be an @icloud.com address. This means you have to use iCloud in order to be allowed to set up two factor authentication, it doesn’t matter which kind of email address you use. I suppose you use this email address as iCloud ID as well.

It doesn’t have to be an @icloud.com address. This means you have to use iCloud in order to be allowed to set up two factor authentication, it doesn’t matter which kind of email address you use. I suppose you use this email address as iCloud ID as well.

I’m really sorry but I think by you stating there is an “Apple ID” and an “iCloud ID” like they are two different things is causing a lot of confusion.

When a person makes an Apple ID... [email protected].... this one ID gives an individual access to all features that Apple offers. Your Apple ID gives you access to iOS and Mac devices... iTunes and iCloud.

So to wrap this up there is no difference between the Apple ID and iCloud ID...