What's new

Create apple id without Icloud (limit reached) is it possible?

J.A. hi there again. Are sure i will be able to create Apple id through the methods you mentioned regardless the fact that 3 iclouds were already created from that device. I am sorry if i look like repeating myself over and over but i still cant get. From what we talked with CarolineM if i got him/her right, since three iclouods (apple id's) were created from that same iphone i wont be able to create fourth one no matter what. In other words creating apple id is chained to icloud so it will count it as of new icloud as wel,l there for the limit wont allow me to. I fear to try because i dont want to mess anything.

Here is step by step what happened to the iphone because i talked with my nephew and his father. Bare in mind the kinds suffers from heavy paranoia so his parents spoil him to the skies.

He bought the iphone, created new apple id (icloud email), he didnt liked the username, reseted the phone to factory settings and created new apple id.

Than, he decided that his second apple id is somehow hacked (he is really paranoid), so reseted the facotry settings again to star as new and create a third account. For some reason he decided that he dont want that apple id again and reseted the phone again only to find out he cant create new icloud (apple id). He has now new iphone x just different color. And since his parents owe me alot they trade me that iphone. Now according to his father he says i will be able to create another apple id but not from the begining white screed as usual. I cant talk to him right now because i am on the move. So basically, in this situation, will i be able to create fourth apple id using the methods you describe. Please forgive me for overrepeating my self
And thanks for the help again!

Yes, I am sure that you can do this. Apple ID and iCloud ID are not identical, although many of us use their Apple ID as iCloud ID as well.

So you can’t create an iCloud ID, but it’s still possible to create an Apple ID. And believe me: since getting my first iPad, I’ve created enough Apple IDs (for myself and others) to know that it works.

Thanks, very much, thats what i needed to clarify! Good day and i'll be around if anything comes out :)

You’re welcome. If you have more questions, don’t hesitate to ask. :)

Ok J.A. just as you said, when i go to app store it does allow me to create apple id, so i will do it tomorrow (since i want to be fresh) now i just a couple last questions:
What will i be missing when i dont have icloud. Apart from backing up files and synching devices (which i dont want), will there be other issues that i will need icloud for. As i mentioned so far, all i want is to be able to downsloads the most common apps from the app sore (facebook/instagram/gmail, perhaps some games and so on), i want them installed solely on my device not shared to any clouds and so on. I will be able to update my IOS system when nesseseriy right? Basically thats all i am using my phone i dont need it for anything esle. Will i be able to do those things without the icloud :)

And one more thing will be able to use two factor authentication to secure even more my apple id :)

Updates are provided without iCloud ID as well, you don’t even need an Apple ID for them.

Apps are tied to your Apple ID, not your iCloud ID. So you don’t need iCloud for these.
iCloud can sync Safari bookmarks between Apple devices, e.g., or sync images to other devices connected to the iCloud ID.

Edited:
For two factor authentication, you need an iCloud ID, so that’s not possible.

Last edited:
So basically, icloud is simply an email with storadge and and syncing abilites, that i suggest is good if you manage multipy apple devices. But for iphone loner like me its not nesessery item. In fact i read now ot the web that some people willingly disable icloud since they dont want to use those sync/chain options :)

ICloud provides a valuable backup, for whenever you need to restore your device.
Take care with Two Factor Authentication. You need a second device.

So basically, icloud is simply an email with storadge and and syncing abilites, that i suggest is good if you manage multipy apple devices. But for iphone loner like me its not nesessery item. In fact i read now ot the web that some people willingly disable icloud since they dont want to use those sync/chain options :)
iCloud is also necessary for Find my iPhone which makes it possible to trace the location of a missing iPhone and allows you to erase it remotely and Activation Lock which prevents unauthorized persons from being able to use your iPhone if it is ever lost or stolen.

Yes i understand it has nice features, but my circumstances doesnt allow me to create it at this point. Again, i am simple guy i dont keep imortant data on my phone, i simply use the apps- and listen music, probably game playing. The phone came kind of a gift to me so i intend to use it even if this 3 icloud account limit is reached. Eventually in future, if i buy another apple device- which i hopefully will, i will create icloud from there and synch it all along, but for now i just want the app store. Simple demands :)

Also in my country (Bulgaria) Apple is still only afordable for the rich class and i have little friends who have apple devices, and those who have i dont belive will allow me to create any account from their devices, simply because they wont understand what i am doing, they will fear i will hack them somehow. There is an apple offices but i belive they are in the capital so i wont be going there anytime soon. So i hope you get where i am going here :)

Yes i understand it has nice features, but my circumstances doesnt allow me to create it at this point. Again, i am simple guy i dont keep imortant data on my phone, i simply use the apps- and listen music, probably game playing. The phone came kind of a gift to me so i intend to use it even if this 3 icloud account limit is reached. Eventually in future, if i buy another apple device- which i hopefully will, i will create icloud from there and synch it all along, but for now i just want the app store. Simple demands :)
The limit of creating a maximum of three iCloud accounts on any one device does not prevent that device from making use of an iCloud account created on another device.

I get this, but i really cant find apple device that will allow me to create icloud. Apart from that i already sold my old android phone so i have only this phone. I am curently using it without any apple id but i want to download facebook/gmail in order to connect with my friends and i want to download the apps. So for now i want to register to apple without icloud, just to be able to use those functions, i really dont need icloud right now, eventually in the future i will give it a shot when i have a chance.

So i wanted to know if it would be possible to bypass the fact that the device wont allow more free accounts, and to create apple id regardless of that limitation, and from what i was told here it is possible. I was about to test it myself but i wanted to ask first.