What's new

Crazy image management

altereddezignz

Reaction score
Ok so i have come from a android and i have setup my new 6s plus. Now i have transferred all my images to my computer in folders that are organized. Well now i cannot edit, move or delete any images that are not in my camera roll? Is there a way around this without having to sync and modify the images in the original folders on the computer.

Is there a way to transfer or get the images on the iphone without it locking them somehow so i can move them around as i please. I use folders for customers and have images that need to be in each customers folder. Well after the transfer to iphone i take a new image that needs to go into a specific folder for a customer but it will not allow me to move it into that folder.

Welcome to iPhone Forums, altereddezignz!

Maybe iCloud Photo Sharing would be an option for you. You can share the albums you create with yourself, and it's possible to add images or remove them whenever it's necessary. The shared photos sync between your iPhone and the computer, if you set up iCloud there.
Here's more information about iCloud Photo Sharing:
iCloud Photo Sharing FAQ - Apple Support

You have a top
Folder all your images
You can add folders it does NOT take room
You can make folders there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am going to get a little deeper and explain my situation a little more.

1-Syncing from windows computer with itunes and photos pre sorted into folders.
a-You cannot add new photos taken from the iphone to folder that were synced from itunes.
b-You cannot delete images to folder that were synced from itunes.

2-Using icloud
a-When trying to organize 5000 images there is no way to know if you missed images that are in the main folder.
b-No way to upload pre organized photos to icloud

These are my issues. I would love to be able to sync pre organized images from itunes or some other way as all my images are are already organized.
Yes i know 5k in images is a lot but i have them all for work.

I am not so worried about having all the images in full res on my phone as it is a 128 gig.

Can Any One please help. I do not ahve a mac computer in case anyone wants to know that. I only have windows.

Please take a look at my post above. With iCloud Photo Sharing, the one who shares the images can add photos from every device he's using with that iCloud account. The pictures can be organized into folders, and these folders are syncing in both directions.

I haven't tried it yet, but I'm sure you can upload the images to a shared folder in iCloud, so the images are syncing to your iPhone. iCloud can be accessed online on the computer through a browser. Just go to www.icloud.com, and log in. You'll also find the Photos app icon there, with all the images in the app on your iPhone. It's possible to organise images and folders there as well.

Your other, identical post/thread has been removed. Apart from fragmenting the conversation, thus making it hard to follow, duplicate threads and posts are against our rules.

Please keep the discussion of your problem to this thread only.

Yes the cloud does work and it does sync both ways but the issue becomes when you try and organize files. There is no way to know what files you have moved into a folder and what files you have not. I have iCloud activated along with my photos all there. But there is no good way to organize all images into folder and keep track of what is moved and what is not moved. Yes the folder and deleting works great

I suppose you're using the Albums view in the Photos app, with the built in albums, like All Photos, Recently Deleted, ...?

What I'm referring to, is a bit different, and it looks like this:
image.jpeg

I ma not using photo sharing as it is the same issue i have now is being able to organize all my images into folders. I can organize into folders now but the issues is getting lost on over 5k in images knowing the ones i have moved to a folder and the ones that i have not moved into a folder.

I can create albums now as long as my photos are syncing with the cloud but not when i sync with itunes b/c it locks the folders from itunes when they are synced with the phone and are in folders in the pictured folder on the computer.

I hope this makes since.

Syncing with iTunes works that way. You can't make changes to the synced images and folders, except if you sync again, via iTunes.
If you don't want to use iTunes, iCloud is one of the options.

I notice you had an Android device before you got the iPhone. Did you use GooglePhotos there, or Google Drive? There are apps available for these in the App Store, so their content would be visible on an iPhone too.

Yes Icloud is what i am using now. but that is where the issues lies. It is in the organization of the 5000 images into folders. I can make all the folders i want and modify them but i have no way of knowing if i am getting all the images in the folders like they need to be b/c it doesn't move the main image it only makes a link in the folder that was created or the album.

If i could figure out a way to organize them and not get confused on what was in the new album and what was not it wouldnt be a bad deal.

I did have an android but always kept images on my phone and not bcaked up to anythiong other than my pc but you dont have an issue with folders like you do with ios

Yes Icloud is what i am using now. but that is where the issues lies. It is in the organization of the 5000 images into folders. I can make all the folders i want and modify them but i have no way of knowing if i am getting all the images in the folders like they need to be b/c it doesn't move the main image it only makes a link in the folder that was created or the album.

If i could figure out a way to organize them and not get confused on what was in the new album and what was not it wouldnt be a bad deal.

I did have an android but always kept images on my phone and not bcaked up to anythiong other than my pc but you dont have an issue with folders like you do with ios
That's how it works in the Albums tab. When you move a photo to a folder, it's just a link to the image in All Photos.

iCloud Photo Sharing works different. As soon as your images are in a folder, they can be removed from the Photos tab, or All Photos album. They are in iCloud, but they're only visible once on your device.

Wow this does work thank you. Only issue now is I cannot upload client images to Instagram bc they are not in the camera roll. Says I have no images on my phone bc they are all in the shared folders I guess. That is a headache I think Apple should fix. Such a stupid revolving door with photos.

You can upload the images from your shared folders to Instagram too.

In Instagram, tap "All Photos" at the top:
image.jpeg

You'll find all of the albums on your iPhone. Scroll to your shared albums:
image.jpeg

Select the one with the image you'd like to get to Instagram. Then select the image.

This is the error I get. So let's say I make my folders in the shared drive. Now I delete them from the primary photo folder. These images are no longer synced with iCloud and are no longer backed up? I use my pic and iCloud installed on my pic to upload and download my images. With that being said would the app on the computer just not push and reap load the image back to the cloud once it is deleted from the iPhone? Just don't want to loose my images for good.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    773.4 KB · Views: 552
I think i may end up doing this. Organizing all my images in folders on my pc. sync them with itunes to my computer. When i take an image that needs to go in one of those folders just create a new folder with the same name just as an a or b to the end. Move my images to that folder so that way they are sorted. Then once a week or 2 weeks import the images into my pc and resort them to the folders they need to be in and then re sync.