What's new

Cover Art Disappearing

seanandrews

Reaction score
I have iTunes Match and sync it to my iPhone 4S. From time to time, cover art does not appear when I play songs. I THINK it seems to happen when I am off the grid, as I live in the mountains and go through a lot of AT&T dead zones when I drive around the area. But if this seems plausible, then it begs another question:

I have downloaded my music from the Cloud (i.e., I do not stream it from the cloud). Wouldn't my cover art download too? Or does the cover art stay strictly in the cloud even if I download my music locally to my iPhone.

So that's two questions rolled into one.

Cover Arts/Album Art are saved on each track, some tracks are already embedded with covers and some of them are not. You can do this by manually adding them using your iTunes.

Thanks, but that doesn't really help. Theoretically, yes, I agree that cover art SHOULD be embedded in each track, but it has always been my experience that the cover art of some tracks is not embedded (I found out the hard way when I moved the tracks from one computer to another and lost the cover art). But how is it supposed to work for iTunes Match?

Sorry, this isn't helping. This is getting away from the issue. The problem is not that the cover art is missing in iTunes (the cover art IS showing for the songs in iTunes). The problem is that, from time to time on the iPhone, the cover art is not showing up. Ten minutes later, the cover art might show up on a particular song, then it might disappear, then it might show up again. Is the cover art stored in the iTunes Match space on iCloud versus being downloaded to the phone (even though the songs themselves are downloaded to the phone)?

Now I got what you mean. That in some cases the album art is showing on a particular song (e.g Bed of Roses), then sometime it doesn't.
That is strange, i never encountered that one before.. I guess you need to re-sync those audio files from your iTunes Library again, not anymore via wireless or cloud.