What's new

copy and paste, please help

carlmorgann

Reaction score
iv copied some information and pasted it, i dont need the info anymore but when i tap the box to send a message the paste box pops up and the info is still there :S

iv tried turning the phone on and off but its still there, anybody know how to reverse the copy and paste action

thanks

carl

when you tap which box to send a message? are you in the mail app? sms app? whatsapp app? Which iDevice is it? firmware? give more details.

sms app but any box i can type in, i just need to get rid of the information iv copied, iv even reset the phone but its still the same

im on the iphone 4s , iOS 5.0.1

Last edited:
ok i see, now is your issue occurring when you tap the icon for a new text message? or when you are ready to tap you message and tap in the input window? Also can you upload a screenshot of the issue? I do copy and paste a lot in sms but never had that issue. A screenshot will be great if you can.

when i double tap the paste box pops up, i just need to get rid of this information, it isnt a bug or anything, there must be a way of doing it

if you copy and paste on a pc, you turn it off and the paste option is gone

theres info on there i dont want a certain lady friend to see

No no no that's wrong. The text or item in the clipboard will return 0 only after you reboot your computer or your device, until that is done, whatever is the latest thing which you copied will still be present on the clipboard. Just don't double tap and that "paste" box will not pop up, double tap when you want to paste whatever you have copied to the clipboard.
Perhaps you think that it should be gone because when you actually copy a text to the clipboard, you can only paste it to a file, document or app capable of handling text input, and if the document of file or app doesn't handle text input nothing will be paste, same to other stuff like pictures musics etc.. on your computer, you can only paste them onto document, files, or apps capable of reading them, but if it happens that you can't paste what you copied to the clipboard, it doesn't mean that the clipboard is empty, it will be empty after you have restarted your computer.
Try to copy this text here, open word on your computer and right click and paste in word, close word completely and reopen it and right click and paste again, open note pad and right click and paste there too. That text will not go away until you either copy something new into the clipboard or reboot your computer.