What's new

Control center swipe

Damshark

Reaction score
Since IOS7 upgrade swipe to access new control center seldom works. Anybody else seen this problem or is it just my iPhone 5?

I have an iphone 5 and haven't had and issues with the control center.

Since IOS7 upgrade swipe to access new control center seldom works. Anybody else seen this problem or is it just my iPhone 5?
Welcome to iPF and hope you have a good time here. Make sure that it is not a problem with the lower part of the touch screen. If possible, take it to nearest Apple store. But try resetting the iPhone first.

Last edited:
I haven't had experience problems on my IOS 7 upgrade for my iPhone. Hopefully, there will be none.

I haven't had experience problems on my IOS 7 upgrade for my iPhone. Hopefully, there will be none.
Welcome to iPF and hope you have a good time here. Lets hope there are no problems with your iPhone. Good luck!! :)

Could possibly be from restoring from a backup with a "pre-iOS 7" backup file...like iOS 5 or iOS 6. Is that possible?

I just solved my problem. The screen protector of my case was not letting my swipe make the proper contact. I removed case and swipe is working well. Put phone back in case, and the swipe becomes intermittent. Thanks to all for your backup and suggestions.

I just solved my problem. The screen protector of my case was not letting my swipe make the proper contact. I removed case and swipe is working well. Put phone back in case, and the swipe becomes intermittent. Thanks to all for your backup and suggestions.
The case manufacturers are going to have to allow enough room for the swiping to work reliably.

The case manufacturers are going to have to allow enough room for the swiping to work reliably.

I am having sort of the same problem. My iPhone 5 is locked and does not recognizes my swipe to open the phone. But when an incoming call shows, I can answer by swiping the screen. If I ask Siri something, I can edit the question by taping the screen and editing my comment, but it does not allow me to key in my password.

Please hepl!!!!!!

I am having sort of the same problem. My iPhone 5 is locked and does not recognizes my swipe to open the phone. But when an incoming call shows, I can answer by swiping the screen. If I ask Siri something, I can edit the question by taping the screen and editing my comment, but it does not allow me to key in my password.

Please hepl!!!!!!
If you can't remember or key in your password, there's no way to bypass it to gain access to your phone. Unfortunately, you'll have to connect to iTunes on your computer and restore your phone to factory condition. If any backups you may have made were done after you set your password, you won't be able to use them and will have to set it up as a new phone. You'll be able to manually add all your content purchased through iTunes but you'll lose any other data such as notes, contacts, app data, etc..

In case VoiceOver is enabled, you'll have to enter the password twice - try double tapping every number or letter. If this doesn't help, follow scifan's advice.