What's new

Contacts

Maberly

Reaction score
My contacts are not getting updated on my iPhone 6s, they are getting done on my iPad.

Welcome to iPhone Forums, Maberly!

Do you use iCloud to sync or update your contacts, or do you use something else?

Hi! :)

There are a few things you can do, if you haven't already:
If your iPhone isn't up to date, update it. The latest software is 9.2.1.

In Settings - iCloud, turn off Contacts and enable it again.

Check your internet connection. If it's slow, there might be problems with syncing the contacts to the iPhone.

In the Contacts app, go to Groups, and drag it down to refresh the contacts list. This should help syncing contacts as well.

Force close the Contacts app: double tap the Home button to show the App Switcher, then slide the Contacts app towards the top of the screen.

Restart your device: turn it off and on again.

Hopefully one of these will help.

No luck J A, I am lucky that I have a apple store in town so will go in past. Thanks for trying.

Too bad! The people at the Apple Store will certainly be able to solve your problem.

Hi I did manage to fix it in the individual contact by switching it from gmail to iCloud but don't understand why this contact is different.

On which device did you switch from Gmail to iCloud? Maybe one one of the other devices the default account isn't iCloud, but a different one? This would explain why contacts added somewhere else don't sync to iCloud.