What's new

Contacts with photo ID throughout for iphone 5

islandman

Reaction score
We all have contacts address books/apps. Ideally I would like one that showed a photo along with the name so I could see the person as I scroll down, and then if they call me, that photo enlarges to fill (or almost) the screen. This would be helpful when out in daylight and to save putting my glasses on the read etc.

We all have contacts address books/apps. Ideally I would like one that showed a photo along with the name so I could see the person as I scroll down, and then if they call me, that photo enlarges to fill (or almost) the screen. This would be helpful when out in daylight and to save putting my glasses on the read etc.
Something like that would only be practical if you were using the speakerphone.

Something like that would only be practical if you were using the speakerphone.
I don't necessarily agree. Times I answer and have no idea who it is, because a) cannot read the font without changing my glasses and b) the sun is out masking the screen and when making a call, for some people with bith mobile and home numbers, I like to have the home number photo taken indoors and the mobile number use a photo taken outdoors.

I know this works on my iPhone 5s l get a full screen photo didn't know it was different when l had my iPhone 5

Gregory lsaacs r.i.p.

Which contacts app do you use? I have installed Simpler which although is good, it doesn't give a full screen pic.

Which contacts app do you use? I have installed Simpler which although is good, it doesn't give a full screen pic.

I have no app installed just the normal Apple one
I have a full screen photo of the caller and a slider to answer.
e20cee3fac226a046aa989ec1a84131c.jpg

Gregory lsaacs r.i.p.

OK, so thanks for that. I think I have done it. But first, the contacts address book which is part of the phone, is good but it only lists the names, until you click on a name then a small photo comes up. With "Simpler" they allow a photo of each contact in their list. That's a bonus for me. But I have resolved the issue of the large screen size picture. When you enter someone for the first time, you enter all their details, at the top left, is a grey circle where the photo will be, you click on "edit" beneath it and find the appropriate phone from either your gallery, or one you take there and then. They then advise you to zoom in/out, to get the photo to FIT in the circle which is understandable, but ignore that circle, just slide the photo to fit the screen, then I think you have to press something to say finished. Now all I want is for the various contacts to phone me to see if all of them work. I know some do, so hopefully they all will.

Just discovered something has changed the picture that is shown in the caller photo is not the one l have
it should have been this one
a51b16b0d52cea11f8de42c5fb0b7dbf.jpg

This tells me that maybe if the caller doesn't have your photo it might not work, but l am pretty sure it did before.

Gregory lsaacs r.i.p.

Sorted it panic over, had the same number under different names. SOS and Marion but with different photos.
Got the one l prefer now, let you guess which one that is [emoji38]

Gregory lsaacs r.i.p.

Ha ha, it could have been very different. Just imagine etc etc..................at least we are both ok with it now.

I think you misunderstood, l wear a SOS armband so if l am involved in an accident the services would have a number to ring for me. Is side it a piece of paper with a my details, pills etc. The SOS was for the services but the iPhone is uncrackable, so they would have no way to use it to dial her.
But l leave it for my benefit. The photo is wishful thinking.
Hope all that makes some kinda sense [emoji848]

Gregory lsaacs r.i.p.

Use sync.me in the app store. Has an option for full screen contact photos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, me again, and yes, I did misunderstand but thanks for clarifying. I too have an SOS talisman but after a few years wearing it round my neck, it is in a DRAW. But, each time I see it I feel I should be wearing it. So many little things, CKD stage 3 (of 5), no bladder for 29 yrs, need to carry GTN spray following heart attack, bowel cancer 4yrs ago. Medication throughout the day. Hopefully neither you or I will need them.