What's new

Contacts.app: Showing iMessage status directly in the list of names

ibu

Reaction score
I have no mobile phone flat. Each sms is charged.

I would be helpful to know, if a recipient of a message is able to receive an iMessage at the moment.

I like to see that status information directly inside the list of names in the contacts.app.

Is there a cydia app/tweak which does the job, that apple don't wants to do for us?

I ask, because I know there are other tweaks for default apps. Like e.g. "mail enhancer pro" for mail.app.

Apart from that:
Do you have an idea which could be the motives from apple not offer such a status information?

Yes, as well I don't understand the motive of apple to offer facetime calls but no voip calls without face (pure audio).

Last edited:
The status would have to be live since sometimes people turn off their WiFi and/or 3G/4G, so they won't be able to receive it through iMessages without either. It would cost way too much data to keep the status' floating between active and inactive and that would be the congestion of the data networks. Now that iMessage and Messages are synced, if they can't receive it through iMessage, it'll still go through regular Messages. Use WhatsApp. You can ONLY text people that use WhatsApp as well, so you know for sure that they have it. It costs a few bucks in the AppStore and uses data/wifi only unless you're making calls, which uses your actual number.

@willerz22
Thanks for your comment.
I hoped it's not a huge amount of data, which is neccessary to send the live status.
Of course it should only be sent, when the user opens the contacts.app.
OK, now way get the function at the moment.

I use WhatsApp yet. But hardly nobody of my friends use WhatsApp.

And, apart from that, I'm not a friend of redundance. I prefer to use one single service instead of two services parallel.
It seems that it is still a long way to get rid of non voip telephony and sms.

I marked the thread as insolvable.