What's new

Considering going iPhone 7 plus

I am the same way... I've only been on IOS for two months but I'm not seeing how I can go back. Like BK said now that I've used iMessage I don't know how I could go on without it.
I love love love the battery life of my 7+... it is hands down better than any android I've owned.
Cool, thanks!

That's high praise from someone with the user name Droidprincess! I'm definitely sick of the crappy battery life of my N6! Some days I have to charge it twice!

Speaking of battery life, what kind of screen on time does everyone get? How many hours? Thanks!

Speaking of battery life, what kind of screen on time does everyone get? How many hours? Thanks!

My 7 has been of charger for 19 hours and has been used for 5:22 hours with surf and phone calls and is now having 49% left of its charge.
Pleased with this battery capacity.
Running iOS 10.2 public beta latest version.
Never had the battery last as long as it's doing since last update it feels so.
But maybe I'm wrong.
Good night to all.

I have been on iOS a long time now and would never go back Android. But you must keep an open mind, this is iPhone forum so naturally it's for iOS. Now doubt you're aware of this. Had my iPhone 7 only a few months l think there might be a problem with it regarding battery life. Maybe it must go back to Apple for testing. Don't know.
I still will not be going back to Android because of one small problem.

It's a case of how long is a piece of string.....Everyone uses their phones differently, You might like your brightness up higher for example, that will use more battery.
There are lots of ways to reduce the drain on the battery but in general I find my battery does really well on my 7 Plus.

Thanks all. I realize it can vary tremendously but it definitely sounds like the iPhone does much better on battery than my Android devices.

Hi l mentioned in an earlier post that l might have a problem with mine iPhone. Well it seems not according to a review that l have just read. Thought it might be of it to members here.
Not backing it up or anything l keep an open mind and will ask in another thread if anyone can help me.
So here goes.
One link is for iPhone 7
One link is for iPhone 7 Plus
Hope they help. Hope they work also if not pm me.

iPhone 7 review: Battery life | TechRadar

iPhone 7 Plus review: Battery life | TechRadar

Thanks for the links. I appreciate it! :-D

Thanks all. I realize it can vary tremendously but it definitely sounds like the iPhone does much better on battery than my Android devices.
Like I said, I regularly switch back and forth and there's no comparison as far as battery life. The smaller iPhone does not last as long as the Plus (because of battery size), but that's the same with Android phones. The smaller ones don't last as long as the larger ones. As an example, the Droid Incredible (DINC to those who had one) would last 2-3 hours. When I got my first iPhone 4, it lasted the day.

I can make most of the larger Android phones with 3200+ mAh batteries last all day now, but the Plus iPhones that are under 3000 mAh will last up to 2 days with similar use. (I switched to larger phones so I wouldn't have to break out reading glasses to use the phone a few years ago.)

The Pixel XL's battery life is getting closer to the iPhone Plus. Maybe with Google making it's own phones, it'll figure out how to stop the battery drain Android users experience, at least on Google devices. Every Android phone I've had's battery has not lived up to the iPhones and I've had a lot of them:

(SmartPhones I've had with the average battery life as best as I can remember)
Blackberry Bold - 2 hours
OG Droid - 4 hours
Dinc - 3 hours
Droid Charge - 3 hours
iPhone 4 - All Day (This shocked me as I was use t having to leave my phones on a charger.)
Bionic - 6 hours
Razr Maxx & Maxx HD - 1-2 Days (My first Android phones that didn't have to be charged during the day. Huge Batteries)
iPhone 5 - All Day
SG3 - 4-5 hours
HTC One Max - 8 hours
Verizon LG G2 - All Day
HTC One (M8) - 10 Hours
iPhone 6 - All Day
Droid Turbo - 9 Hours
VZW LG G3 - 8 to 9 hours
iPhone 6 Plus 128GB - A Day and a half
VZW LG G4 - 9 to 10 hours
Sammy Edge 6+ - All Day
iPhone 6S Plus 128GB - A Day and a half
Nexus 6P - All Day
Google Pixel XL - All Day and all night
iPhone 7 Plus 256GB - A Day and a half

@Scottysize Thanks for the great information! I really appreciate that! With what I'd consider very lite to lite use my Nexus 6, not P is down to 30 to 35 percent in a day. That's being very careful to stay off it! Moderate use requires at least a charge and heavy use requires two usually!