What's new

Completely clueless

Yaya_Inferno

Reaction score
Hello, I'm not familiar with how this forum works. Can someone assist in that regard. The question I actually have is how do I connect to wifi and have all my apps work without using my data. What are the settings to enable me to do this.

Hello, I'm not familiar with how this forum works. Can someone assist in that regard. The question I actually have is how do I connect to wifi and have all my apps work without using my data. What are the settings to enable me to do this.
Do you have wifi service with a modem or router? What device are you using? iPhone?

xHYZxZu.gif

Welcome to the best iPhone Forums on the planet! We're glad you could join us and we hope that your stay is enjoyable.

@VTR I think it's a router. The wifi you can connect to when you're within the area of it's hotspot. And I'm using an iPhone 5s and it's the first apple devise I've owned. @ardcholle, thank you :).

Settings>Wifi>Ask to Join Networks>ON

Also under Cellular you can turn off anything you want to make sure it doesn't use data

Settings>Cellular

If you have wifi available in your home, it should automatically connect to it and not use cellular unless you have wifi turned off

Last edited:
Thanx for your response xrayeyes but are there any apps that just won't work with wifi, like Facebook, Twitter, mails etc? I had connected like you have described but I need to switch off my wifi to be able to access these even this app(ipf.com).

At home? work? public wifi access? if at work, some business block social media to prevent employees from accessing while working. The apps being blocked on wifi would be a network issue from the provider I would think. Your email may be a separate issue and depends on what service you are using and how it is set up.