What's new

Coffee break!

Apparently McDonalds Apples Pies are being used as the fuel of the future, a palm sized object which is hotter than the surface of the sun, I'm using one to power my iPads and iPhone for the the next ten years!

The Archangel

I made the perfect peppermint mocha at home this morning. I bought a new coffee maker yesterday and that made all the difference. The only downside is that I'm sad when my coffee mug goes empty.

Homemade peppermint mocha!

12 oz. coffee cup
2 tablespoons hot cocoa
Peppermint extract to taste
Sugar as desired

I'm getting better at this :)

ardchoille said:
Homemade peppermint mocha!

12 oz. coffee cup
2 tablespoons hot cocoa
Peppermint extract to taste
Sugar as desired

I'm getting better at this :)

Seriously would like one of those right now...2 more hours of work to go!

Skimonkey2 said:
Seriously would like one of those right now...2 more hours of work to go!

Buy yourself one of those travel tumblers and fill it up each morning. The problem with this is it never lasts the whole day, lol.

Darkstar2007 said:
It does sound really good! :p

I'm thinking we need to make this, Darkstar!! :)

ardchoille said:
Buy yourself one of those travel tumblers and fill it up each morning. The problem with this is it never lasts the whole day, lol.

Ardchoille--that sounds like a great idea...maybe I might need to double up the recipe. Where do you buy peppermint extract? Is that a baking ingredient...I have no idea?

Skimonkey2 said:
I'm thinking we need to make this, Darkstar!! :)

Ardchoille--that sounds like a great idea...maybe I might need to double up the recipe. Where do you buy peppermint extract? Is that a baking ingredient...I have no idea?

You can buy Torani peppermint syrup (25 ounce, clear bottle) at any major grocery store in the coffee section. This is the same product used by most coffee houses. This product works best but don't get the sugar free variety, it tastes horrible. Keep in mind that this product already has sugar added so you won't need to add as much sugar into your drink.

Or you can buy peppermint extract (small, dark bottle) in the baking section of most grocery stores. If you go with the extract use it sparingly because it's concentrated.

its time for a coffee break now, I have a large caramel frappachino next to me and this morning I had a greek coffee filled with sugar...

its time for a coffee break now, I have a large caramel frappachino next to me and this morning I had a greek coffee filled with sugar...
mmm the caramel one sounds good.