What's new

Coachella iPhone Thief Caught by “Find My iPhone”

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
Coachella theif traced by Find My iPhone.JPG

Cult of Mac reports today that a serial phone thief who stole more than 100 phones at Coachella over the weekend has been traced via “Find My iPhone,” with police being able to arrest the man and return many of the stolen phones to their owners thanks to the iOS feature.

According to an Indio police department report, via the Los Angeles Times, Coachella attendees who’s iPhones had been stolen activated “Find My iPhone” and then followed New Yorker Reinaldo De Jesus Henao around the festival site until he was finally seized by festival security. Henao was found to have over 100 stolen phones, both Android and Apple, in his backpack when he was eventually arrested by police officers. Henao was arrested on suspicion of grand theft and possession of stolen property by the Indio Police Department.

Many of the stolen phones have now been returned to their rightful owners, and unclaimed phones can be collected at the Lost and Found.

Photo source: Indio Police Department

Source: Coachella thief caught by 'Find My iPhone' after stealing 100 phones | Cult of Mac

iPhone 6 S Plus once lost, its Lost Mode was enabled from another Apple device in same iCloud account. Lost iPhone 6 S Plus disappeared from the Found Phone list after few days. This post is strange for me once I compare with my issue, as I am still waiting Apple support to share what really happned to my iCloud accoutn security.

iCloud account security breached

I wonder if that knot on his head was from resisting arrest??