What's new

Clearing app cahe

Status
Not open for further replies.
pianoman said:
Remember he said it only works for SOME apps in the switcher and that it's a waste of time to kill apps from the switcher. You two can accept your expert with his proof. I will accept my experts and my own scores of tests I've done with the switcher that prove easily that for 99.9 % of apps "I use" you get back no RAM. I dont know why Skull and Eddie are getting different results than I am. I do not own Tiger Woods.

I will accept Skull's input that for that one app the app switcher releases RAM. His pictures are proof of that. I'm not an idiot. I've been working with iOS as long or longer than anyone here on the forum. I will not be made fun of or called an idiot. And it's against forum rules anyway. This is a complicated topic surrounded by much myth. The app switcher is a glorified set of shortcuts BY DESIGN. Apple says so in their literature. End of story "for me". Kill all the apps you want believing you'll get all your RAM back. No problem here. :)

But Eddie I accept you see what you're seeing. And Zig I accept your general explanation.

Good discussion.

Ya know Pianomam, I bet your experts said what SkullOne said, and you just misunderstood.

You clearly thought he was agreeing with you, therefore you though they were saying something else.

WE ALL KNOW THAT CLOSING APPS IS A WASTE OF TIME. Everyone knows this.

However...THAT IS NOT THE ARGUMENT. REMEMBER?

So what is the argument. Can the app switcher be used to free a small amount of RAM......YES.

You active when I told that person the clearing the app switcher can clear RAM, that I was saying all this crap that I didn't say. You were acting like I was saying that it should be done, that it's not a waste of time.

I never said that, and I never said that it helps battery either. If you read back.....you started this ridiculous argument telling me I said thing I never said, and still ended up being entirely wrong after agreeing with me.

All of your post "almost" made sense. But WOW........you are stubborn stubborn boy.

Just WOW.

The info is all over the web. Goggle a fact before you make one up in your head.

Last edited:
Ya know Pianomam, I bet your experts said what SkullOne said, and you just misunderstood.

You clearly thought he was agreeing with you, therefore you though they were saying something else.

WE ALL KNOW THAT CLOSING APPS IS A WASTE OF TIME. Everyone knows this.

However...THAT IS NOT THE ARGUMENT. REMEMBER?

So what is the argument. Can the app switcher be used to free a small amount of RAM......YES.

You active when I told that person the clearing the app switcher can clear RAM, that I was saying all this crap that I didn't say. You were acting like I was saying that it should be done, that it's not a waste of time.

I never said that, and I never said that it helps battery either. If you read back.....you started this ridiculous argument telling me I said thing I never said, and still ended up being entirely wrong after agreeing with me.

All of your post "almost" made sense. But WOW........you are stubborn stubborn boy.

Just WOW.

The info is all over the web. Goggle a fact before you make one up in your head.
You've misunderstood me from the beginning of our conversation, Zig. You'll just have to admit that. I have already admitted that I overstated my case. Let's just leave it at that.

And for the record dont insult me! I never say anything here unless I'm well studied and have done a thorough check on search sites and other technical documents I have and other experts I consult. Please don't make me out to be some unexperienced kid trying to spout off at the mouth. I have loads of experience with iOS.

This topic is now dead; beyond dead. Let's move on. Laurenrae has another question she needs answered.

Last edited:
Folks, my sense is this thread has run it's course. Unless anyone disagrees, I will close it in 5 minutes.

Good conversation and I appreciate it that you stayed on topic and civil!

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.