What's new

Cleaning your iphone

Ogzilla

Reaction score
What do you guys use to clean your iPhones? Mine has fingers prints all over it and I wanna but don't want to ruin the screen. How often do you guys clean your screens?

Ogzilla said:
What do you guys use to clean your iPhones? Mine has fingers prints all over it and I wanna but don't want to ruin the screen. How often do you guys clean your screens?

I clean mine about once a day with a little cloth I got with my sunglasses. Works good and doesn't scratch

I also clean my screen about once daily, with a soft, lint-free cloth. I have an Otterbox case on mine, so I don't technically clean the "screen'" just the screen protector. However, a dirty screen will not affect the iPhone's reliabiltiy unless it's REALLY dirty!

Spit and a rag. Actually, just with a dry micro fiber cloth. Works wonders.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using iPF.net

What I use, I wouldn't recommend bc it's not the usual way to clean the iPhone. I get a baby wipe and wrap it in a rag to squeeze the $#!@ out of it so it's not too wet. Then i use the wipe. If i were you, id get some lense cleaner and a lense cloth. But spray the cloth (from a good distance so its not too wet). As long as whatever you use isn't rough or wet, it's ok. I use a dry q-tip for the camera lens.
I have the otterbox defender series (highly recommend for those who don't already have one) so I don't have to clean it very often. I still like to from time to time to make sure no lint or dust got in from the otterbox case.

I drop mine in a bowl of water or rubbing alcohol every night. When I wake up it's pretty clean.

Really though, use a nice soft cloth. That's about it.

Mr.Mischief said:
I drop mine in a bowl of water or rubbing alcohol every night. When I wake up it's pretty clean.

Really though, use a nice soft cloth. That's about it.

That's amazing! You give me a good example how good a iPhone is!

I do it when i get my iPhone work slow. It is better if you do it after every 6 months.

I clean it daily once and i use a soft cloth that is free of lint and dust.