What's new

ClassicRockMe = Newbie at my age?!?!?

ClassicRockMe

Reaction score
Hello all - I am looking forward to meeting many of you.
I got my 4 in Feb '11 but had a 3GS for a few months before so it is not too foreign.

Going off to explore!!!

CRM

Welcome, Classic.... Just how old are you!!

Hello all! Thanks for the welcome.

Well EW . . . . I have been around since these things occurred:

In baseball, the New York Yankees won the 1952 World Series, beating the Brooklyn Dodgers, 4 games to 3.

TV shows included: I've Got a Secret, The Lone Ranger, The Groucho Marx Show, The Dinah Shore Show, The Burns and Allen Show, Art Linkletter's House Party, The Guiding Light, Search for Tomorrow, Arthur Godfrey Time, Howdy Doody, Amos and Andy, The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet, Twenty Questions, Dragnet, The Perry Como Show, The Wheel of Fortune, This Is Your Life.

At the grocery store, the price of a loaf of bread was 16 cents. Cotton-knit blouses were on sale at Sears for $1.98 each. Men's rayon sports shirts were on sale at Sears for $3.66 each.

Last edited:
Classic Rock.... Thanks for the memories. Along with yours, a few more of my favs were the Ed Sullivan Show, Sky King, the Red Skelton Show, and Queen For A Day! Others too, but you get the pic.... I think we were happier then, even without our iPhones!

Hello all! Thanks for the welcome.

Well EW . . . . I have been around since these things occurred:

In baseball, the New York Yankees won the 1952 World Series, beating the Brooklyn Dodgers, 4 games to 3.

TV shows included: I've Got a Secret, The Lone Ranger, The Groucho Marx Show, The Dinah Shore Show, The Burns and Allen Show, Art Linkletter's House Party, The Guiding Light, Search for Tomorrow, Arthur Godfrey Time, Howdy Doody, Amos and Andy, The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet, Twenty Questions, Dragnet, The Perry Como Show, The Wheel of Fortune, This Is Your Life.

At the grocery store, the price of a loaf of bread was 16 cents. Cotton-knit blouses were on sale at Sears for $1.98 each. Men's rayon sports shirts were on sale at Sears for $3.66 each.

Classic Rock.... Thanks for the memories. Along with yours, a few more of my favs were the Ed Sullivan Show, Sky King, the Red Skelton Show, and Queen For A Day! Others too, but you get the pic.... I think we were happier then, even without our iPhones!

I can just remember wheel of fortune and this is your life when I was growing up. Never heard of any of the other ones. Lol...