What's new

Change mail settings for emailing through craigslist

ks18

Reaction score
Hello. On my iPhone my work email is set as my main mail on the mail button on the home screen. When I go to craigslist and try to reply via the reply button it emails it through my work email. How to I get it to email through my gmail personal email? Is this possible? Thanks.

By default of the iOS, it's your primary/defaulted email that gets opened up upon tapping on an email address. Unless your device is jailbroken, you'd have to either copy & paste the address, navigate to your personal email then paste it, or, you'd have to change your default email to your personal email.

Hello. On my iPhone my work email is set as my main mail on the mail button on the home screen. When I go to craigslist and try to reply via the reply button it emails it through my work email. How to I get it to email through my gmail personal email? Is this possible? Thanks.

When you've got the draft reply e-mail open, tap on your address (the "From" address). You should get a pop-up window that lists all the e-mail accounts you have installed on the iPad. Tap on the one you want to be your new "From" address and you'll see your address change in that From line. Finish the reply and send it off.

Hope this helps.

Marilyn

Thanks for the quick response. But unfortunately it doesn't list a "From" address. It only has To, Cc/Bcc, and Subject.

On my iphone when I compose a reply email it has a line "CC/Bcc, From". If I tap on that it separates into separate lines(
CC on its own line etc). I again click on my email address in the "from" box and it shows me all email addresses I have on the iphone. hth