What's new

Change from Absinthe to RedSn0w

Duncan

Reaction score
Since Jailbreaking my 4s, it randomly reboots (about once a week). I used Absinthe to jailbreak, as it was the first one to work with IOS 5.1.1.

Question is:
a) Is it a problem with Absinthe
b) if so, how do I uninstall Absinthe and install RedSn0w, without effecting ***EDITED FOR PIRACY***

I have researched the reboot issue and followed various recommendations, which none have solved. Reboots mostly then ending calls, but on odd occasions when then phones switches between 3G & Edge.

Any help or suggestions welcome.

Moderation Notice:​ This post has been edited by IPF staff in accordance with the Forum Rules

Last edited by a moderator:
It might be a tweak or app that you have. I also jailbroke using Absinthe and I don't have that issue..

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

You don't install Redsn0w or Absinthe, those are just tools that jailbreak the device for you. Both methods produce the same end-result so there would be no point in using a different tool to jailbreak. Also, the discussion of piracy is not allowed on this forum, please read our rules.

Jmills87 said:
You don't install Redsn0w or Absinthe, those are just tools that jailbreak the device for you. Both methods produce the same end-result so there would be no point in using a different tool to jailbreak. Also, the discussion of piracy is not allowed on this forum, please read our rules.

His phone is probably having glitches because he is using piracy