What's new

Cases otterbox defender or griffin survivor?

ghostrunner21

Reaction score
Which one is better I need a good case to protect my investment?

Sent from my iPhone 4

I have to give the edge to the Otterbox. I have two, they're both really fine, easy to disassemble, provide max protection, and look good.

Lifeproof for me better protection and keeps my iPhone slim design. My opinion of course.

Lifeproof for me better protection and keeps my iPhone slim design. My opinion of course.

Lifeproof was my first choice, however, it costs 3-4 times as much as an Otterbox Defender. I believe the Lifeproof case costs $70-$80, that's 1/3 of what I paid for my iPhone 4.

Mr.Mischief said:
Lifeproof was my first choice, however, it costs 3-4 times as much as an Otterbox Defender. I believe the Lifeproof case costs $70-$80, that's 1/3 of what I paid for my iPhone 4.

Until you are somewhere and that one moment happens. The one moment you dread, your phone + water. I hope it doesn't happen but you want to be prepared. You have to pay to have the better coverage. Plus to, you will be so excited to go the pool or Beach and bring your phone with you in the water and take video and pictures while you are with your friends under the water. That can't be done with otterbox. Otterbox has you covered for drops or maybe even a little raindrops but that's it. And it turns your phone into a Brick. Lifeproof is the way to go.

I ordered the Griffin Survivor which should arrive tomorrow,I paid £20 for it off Amazon

Griffin survivor is the best but the Otterbox defender case is nice too :)

firemanprice said:
Until you are somewhere and that one moment happens. The one moment you dread, your phone + water. I hope it doesn't happen but you want to be prepared. You have to pay to have the better coverage. Plus to, you will be so excited to go the pool or Beach and bring your phone with you in the water and take video and pictures while you are with your friends under the water. That can't be done with otterbox. Otterbox has you covered for drops or maybe even a little raindrops but that's it. And it turns your phone into a Brick. Lifeproof is the way to go.

I was wondering have you put it to the test? I looked it up and I'm thinking about getting one for my phone. Is there any kind of warranty? I mean they are claiming a lot and that's a big risk. If I were to buy it and film under water as they claim you can and they were wrong. They buying me a new phone :)

I was wondering have you put it to the test? I looked it up and I'm thinking about getting one for my phone. Is there any kind of warranty? I mean they are claiming a lot and that's a big risk. If I were to buy it and film under water as they claim you can and they were wrong. They buying me a new phone :)
Yes I have put it thru the test. I have put my Phone under water a number of times. I have on purpose thru my phone across the floor and dropped it. Lifeproof has come through every single time.

I am excited to get my life proof!!!!

My defender is beautiful but A problem,
I talk (fine for everything else) and the speaker phone goes on FaceTime so annoying !
Maybe it's the phone?

I love living at the shore and spend my summers in the ocean and lasting around my swimming pool!
I need a life proof

njshoremom4gurlz said:
I love living at the shore and spend my summers in the ocean and lasting around my swimming pool!
I need a life proof

You will love the LoveProof case than. Take some good underwater vid and pics and share.

firemanprice said:
Yes I have put it thru the test. I have put my Phone under water a number of times. I have on purpose thru my phone across the floor and dropped it. Lifeproof has come through every single time.

Thanks!