What's new

Case scratched

crf8

Reaction score
I have a otter box defender case. Once while removing the case, I scratched the inside of the screen cover. Now I have the iphone doing crazy things like it has a virus. Types random letters and emoticons for no reason. I am not even touching the phone, it composes emails and phone calls for no reason.
The swipe turn on only works half the time. Now I have the case off and it seems to be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since is seems to be the case that's causing the problem, you'll have to get a new case. I don't believe there's any repair services for broken iPhone cases.

No but you can call them and if you've had it a year or less they will replace the messed up part. You will have to send them pictures.

No but you can call them and if you've had it a year or less they will replace the messed up part. You will have to send them pictures.

They may not cover accidental damage under the 1year warranty.

Don't bother with cases. They're bulky, cumbersome and terrible looking.

I've only ever used my iPhone bareback since getting the original years ago and every generation since. I'm currently on the 6+ for a little under 2 years with zero protection and besides having obvious signs of wear along the sides it works flawlessly and the screen looks like it did brand new.

iPhone is too slippery to use without a case.

Nah, you're being too gentle with it.

Everyone handles their phone like it's a newborn baby. Grip it like a man (or woman), and you'll be fine.

Turned out to be a bad touchscreen so Apple replaced the phone under warranty