What's new

Card reader

palla1978

Reaction score
Evening,

New to the forum and hoping you can confirm something for me. I did a search and seem to have partly answered my question from a post on here.

I have changed to a new sim but the phone states no sim. I have read that the card reader should have 6 legs on it, did the early ones just have 5 and this is why it's not reading the sim?

Thanks in advance for and advice.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Have you checked to make sure the SIM card is properly seated in the SIM card holder? If it still doesn't work, contact your carrier to check if you got a defective SIM card. If so, they can exchange it for a functional SIM card.

It's brand new I have tried several sims some work some don't.

Yeah, I think the early 5s had 5 pins on the card reader and the newer ones have 6 pins? I think I need a sim card that will suit the 5 pin reader?

No, they all have 6 pins.
There is a thread on here where a gusset phone had 5 and he was told he needed to fit one with 6? It is only some sims it's not reading so I thought I needed an old style sim?

The iPhone 5s uses the nano SIM card and there's only one kind of Nano SIM card, not early and late versions.

The iPhone 5s uses the nano SIM card and there's only one kind of Nano SIM card, not early and late versions.
It's the first 5 series not an s, I had it confirmed today by Apple that there are two types of card readers for the i phone 5, one with 5 pins and one with 6. The one with 5 pins can't read all sim cards, waiting on Vodafone getting back to me

It's the first 5 series not an s, I had it confirmed today by Apple that there are two types of card readers for the i phone 5, one with 5 pins and one with 6. The one with 5 pins can't read all sim cards, waiting on Vodafone getting back to me

So it wasn't the SIM card that changed, it was the SIM card reader in the iPhone.

So it wasn't the SIM card that changed, it was the SIM card reader in the iPhone.
Yeah but 90% of sims I try don't work. When in the vodafone shop they tried 4 sims off the shelf and none worked, the employee tried the sim from her own phone and it worked. So I think they started fitting the 6 pin readers to be able to read newer sims?