What's new

capture install-files from app

Status
Not open for further replies.

danilu

Reaction score
Hello everybody!

I don't know, if anybody can help me -maybe there is no solution for my problem.

I create an app for smartphones via an online app-builder. It's that thing, that I have to pay, if I like to publish it on official stores like Google Play or IStore. However, I don't need the app on any app-store, but the only way to get the app free, is to create a test-link which expires after 24 hours.

For Android it worked for me, that I changed the useragent string on internet explorer to Android and downloaded the apk-file.

I don't know how Iphone installs apps, but this way doens't work for Iphone.

Is there a way to get the installation-files from apps installed on iphone? Or where to find the downloaded files from IStore?

Does anybody has a solution or an idea to help me?

Thanks in advance!

Welcome to iPhoneForums, danilu!

If I get this right, you don't want to beta test the app, but make it available for iPhones in general.

The only way to install an app on an iDevice is through App Store and iTunes Store. If you want your app to be available for iPhones, you'll have to publish it.

Apple doesn't allow open-source and third-party downloads on stock devices.

Last edited:
You would have to become a registered iOS developer, at a cost of $99.00/year. You also have to write the app on a Mac, using the latest version of Xcode. After writing, your app would have to be submitted to Apple for approval. Only then could it be installed by others who download it from the App Store.

Welcome to iPhoneForums, danilu!

If I get this right, you don't want to beta test the app, but make it available for iPhones in general.

The only way to install an app on an iDevice is through App Store and iTunes Store. If you want your app to be available for iPhones, you'll have to publish it.

Apple doesn't allow open-source and third-party downloads on stock devices.

That's what I read on the internet, but via the test-link (that expires after 24 hours) I was able to install it on my IPhone. That goes against all articles on the internet, I know, but in fact the app is running on my IPhone without installing it via IStore.

So I thougth I maybe only need the ipa-file from the app to install it on any IPhone...

Thanks for your answers J. A. and scifan57!

Is your iPhone jailbroken?

That test link would expire after 24 hours, making the test app unuseable. Are you getting this test link from a registered developer?

In regards to IPA files, extracting IPA files from an app in order to install it on another device without going through the App Store is a form of theft and piracy. Any discussion of such procedures is not allowed on this forum.

Last edited:
Is your iPhone jailbroken?

No, it isn't. I thought once about it, but because it's my business mobile phone I don't want to try it.

That test link would expire after 24 hours, making the test app unuseable. Are you getting this test link from a registered developer?

I don't know if it's an registered developer but I think so. If it helps it's ibuildapp.com

In regards to IPA files, extracting IPA files from an app in order to install it on another device without going through the App Store is a form of theft and piracy. Any discussion of such procedures is not allowed on this forum.

Oh, I didn't know, sorry!

So I don't think there's a legal way for me to publish the app without to pay.
Thank's for your efforts!

While you can hire someone to write apps for you, you have to be a registered iOS Developer in order for your apps to appear in the App Store after having been approved by Apple.

Do you have a Mac? Apps have to be written on a Mac using Xcode in order to qualify for submission to Apple.

Status
Not open for further replies.