What's new

Cant update to ios 9.2

Lillyoshea

Reaction score
I've been trying to update my iPhone for a couple of days, and it keeps saying iOS 9.2 failed because you are no longer connected the internet. I've looked online, and none of the solutions helped; I crossed off settings went back on settings, Turned my phone on and off, reset network settings, and tried through my itunes. But it backed it up and took all of my space up on C drive and it said there's not enough space, I've put all of my pictures ect on to my computer, and deleted half of pictures and videos on my iPhone, freed some space on C drive but I dont want it to backup my phone because it keeps taking up space, so whenever I try cross backup off in itunes it cancels the whole update, I've never had this problem when trying to update. Any solutions? :)

You need a good internet connection, when you try updating, no matter which method you use - over the air (Settings - General - Software Update), or iTunes. If that's not possible, every attempt to update will fail.

If possible, try using a different Wi-Fi connection. This might help with your issue.

I do have good wifi , I tried at my sisters house today and it still says the same. And I've updated my phone on the same wifi before and its never done this. Also I tried it on my 4G and it still didn't work.

Why don't you give Apple a ring, They might help you as it's a problem with updating.
You certainly have nothing to lose by asking.