What's new

Can't update itunes. Do you know about this error?

mskfahim

Reaction score
image.png

I tried updating from iTunes and it didn't work. So I downloaded the latest iTunes from apple directly and this is what it says in the middle of the installation. I need to reset my phone and set it up as a new phone (6s).

Is there a solution where I'd not lose my previous back ups of my phones?

Tried to follow this article and repaired my Apple Software Update from control panel. Then it was letting me do a software update and in the middle of it, got this message and the update shutdown:

ul2.png

Looks like besides selling total BS for thousands of dollars (sold me a crappy 128gb phone), they also are trying hard to come up with the shittiest software solution.

Turned off my anti-virus and this is what I got:

ul3.png

It's possible that you didn't remove every component of iTunes. Follow these instructions to remove iTunes completely, then try installing it again:
Remove and reinstall iTunes and related software components for Windows 7 and later - Apple Support

Hope that helps.

thanks. would you know how to turn off my iphone and keep it turned off now that it keeps rebooting? Usually, I just hold the power-home button together for and it shuts down. If I keep on holding them, it boots back up. However, when connected to the PC, that trick fails.

Your iPhone shouldn't stay connected to iTunes when you update it.

Just entered DFU mode and asked itunes to perform a recovery. It's downloading software for this phone. I am planning on setting it up as a new phone and seeing what happens. God my icloud backed up too. Let's see if the phone can behave stable after this hard reset as a new phone. If not, I think it'd be pretty obvious that I'm trying to fix a hardware problem with software updates.

Used the iPhone 3GS, 4s and 5s before this. All 16 gbs. None of them bothered me as much or crashed as much as this 128 gb 6s.

Managed to do a completely fresh install. The phone was set up as new. However, that rebooting and crashing problem:

It's safe to conclude that this is most certainly a hardware failure. After 8 years with Apple, thinking if I should switch to some other brand. Lord knows if they too sell horsesh*t in the name of premium products at premium prices.

After 8 years, with iPhones working as expected, until this one, I wouldn't think of leaving Apple, if I were in your shoes, especially because the device is still under warranty and should be replaced, when you visit the Apple Retail Store where you purchased it.

After 8 years, with iPhones working as expected, until this one, I wouldn't think of leaving Apple, if I were in your shoes, especially because the device is still under warranty and should be replaced, when you visit the Apple Retail Store where you purchased it.

I purchased it from Singapore Mustafa Center. It was brand new. Bought it between Dec 15-22 (2015). Apple's website asked me to take my phone to whoever sold me the phone. That means that they are expecting me to take it to Singapore Mustafa Center. The trouble is, I am in Bangladesh now. I just might move to the UK by September. Why can't apple take responsibility? Do they not know when this particular device first got activated? That should prove to them that the device was barely used for 6 months until it turned to sh*t. My sister is travelling to the UK tomorrow. Do you think it'd be worth it to give the phone to her to take to one of Apple's stores? Would the receipt be necessary? Can't they just look up the first activation date and tell that the device has been used for about 6 months only?

Unlike almost every other Apple product, the iPhone has a country specific warranty. This is because, unlike other Apple products such as MacBooks, iPads, and iMacs, etc. the iPhones sold in different parts of the world can have small differences. This could include support for different LTE bands and features. For example, iPhones sold in certain Middle East countries do not have FaceTime installed.

Unlike almost every other Apple product, the iPhone has a country specific warranty. This is because, unlike other Apple products such as MacBooks, iPads, and iMacs, etc. the iPhones sold in different parts of the world can have small differences. This could include support for different LTE bands and features. For example, iPhones sold in certain Middle East countries do not have FaceTime installed.

I understand why one might have country specific warranty. What my brain cannot compute is how a company can use that as an excuse to not replace absolute garbage. What would be their argument? We meant to sell unusuable iphone 6s 128 gbs to Singaporeans? What bothers me more is that they are seen as some high class premium brand while the service I'll get from them is as good as random ebay sellers.

Thinking about sending it to the UK and at least getting a quote for fixing my phone. Even if they charge £200, I will have to pay as I already spent about £700 to buy the damn thing. God Almighty Zeus knows if they will provide any warranty after the repair or will it go bonkers again in a few months.

Apple is perfectly willing to offer warranty service for your iPhone in accordance with the terms and conditions of the warranty attached to your iPhone. Unfortunately for you this means that you have to bring or send it to an Apple authorized service centre in the country where you bought it. The fact that they don't offer warranty service everywhere in the world certainly does not make their products "absolute garbage".
Have you asked if your local Apple Store will assist you in sending it to Singapore for warranty service?

Apple is perfectly willing to offer warranty service for your iPhone in accordance with the terms and conditions of the warranty attached to your iPhone. Unfortunately for you this means that you have to bring or send it to an Apple authorized service centre in the country where you bought it. The fact that they don't offer warranty service everywhere in the world certainly does not make their products "absolute garbage".
Have you asked if your local Apple Store will assist you in sending it to Singapore for warranty service?

I don't think that their warranty fail makes their product garbage. The product they sold me is garbage on it's own. Crashed a million times starting from week 1 (gradually got worse). All on it's own. I just happen to think that not willing to fix/replace such devices wherever there is an apple store/service center is a highly douchy move for a premium brand.

I did talk to the local folks here and they said that I have to take my phone to Singapore. I put my phone in it's box now. Will hand it to my sister and she will take it to Apple UK and see if they can fix/replace.

There's no warranty fail, the terms of your warranty require that it be serviced in the country where you purchased the iPhone. They're perfectly willing to service your iPhone if you take or send it to Singapore, as required under the terms and conditions of your iPhone warranty.
Apple in the UK will likely give the same answer, although they may offer to help you send it to Singapore for service.

The biggest problem in asking for warranty service for your iPhone in a country other than the one you purchased it in is that the service centers in other countries will not have country specific replacement iPhones for any country but the one that the service center is located in. Even if they were willing to replace your iPhone they wouldn't have the correct replacement for your iPhone.