What's new

Can't unlock my Iphone 4

talian

Reaction score
hey what's up,
About two years ago I bought a not sim free Iphone 4 from the U.S (and im from Israel).
- version - 4.1
- baseband - 2.10.04
So in order to be able to talk with him I bought the Gevey ultra sim.
Everything was fine until one week ago, when i wanted to finally upgrade my iphone's version (to 5.1.1).
Before the upgrade I wanted to save my Iphone signature, not really sure with the terminology, but it's like an Image to a computer, anyway I only did the signature, which including going into DFU mode.
Since then my phone doesn't show signal which probably means the ultra sim doesn't work so I cant make any calls..

I tried calling AT&T to unlock my phone once and for all but for some reason they couldn't.
I also tried turning the device on and off, hopefully it somehow will work but without success.
I'm kinda desperate right now and have no idea what else can be done, does anyone have any ideas?

thanks a lot for all the helpers,

If you updated via iTunes without using a custom IPSW and baseband preservation... you've updated your Baseband to 4.12.01. Which, is NOT unlockable by any method. Sorry.. :-(

In the end I didnt upgrade my iphone version so im still in 4.1 and the modem firmware is 2.10.04

In the end I didnt upgrade my iphone version so im still in 4.1 and the modem firmware is 2.10.04

Generally gevey sim unlocks are software based so after the update you'll need to either redo the gevey unlock or jailbreak and re-unlock that way at least for most us ip4 that's been my experience

Sent from one of my mobile Devices in between Clinicals/Dev testing or detailing