What's new

Can't sync google calendar on iphone & ipad

There are two ways to get your Google calendar to work on your iOS devices.

1) Add only the calendar.
2) Add the gmail account.

The first way is read only.
Second way allows you to add, edit and delete entries.

Since option two is the overall better option, lets walk thru that setup.

1) Launch Settings
2) Select Mail
3) Select Accounts
4) Select Add Account
5) Select Google
6) Follow the prompts to add the data it requests.

Now after you have your credentials in place, if you only want to use the calendar portion of the account, toggle off the Mail, Contacts and Notes. That's it and it works really well. In fact I have been doing it this way for the last 6 years.

I already have an account set up on both devices and use email, contacts and calendar on both but they will not sync. Are you suggesting I create a second account and only activate calendars on both devices via the second account?

I don't think Skull realized you already had a GMail account set up. Back to your problem, it would appear from the Google help page that you need to have the Google Calendar App running.

Google calendars can also sync to the Calendars app. The Google Calendar app isn't necessary.

The greyed out calendar means it's already syncing to your iDevices. When I use the link you've posted, billybronco1, it looks like this:
image.jpeg

Is Calendars enabled in your Gmail account in Settings - Mail, Contacts, Calendars?

If so, open the Calendar app on your iPhone, tap "Calendars" at the bottom, and make sure your Gmail calendar is checkmarked, or else you won't get the events to your iPhone.

Hope that helps.