What's new

Can't send emails with gmail but can receive on iPhone 6

8f12e02bf22fbc8201c6bab1ec97415c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 6

I never thought this phone would give me a headache, that one is already turned on, on the primary server. But for some reason, you can't click the information below, say I wanted to edit something

Sent from my iPhone 6

Below Primary Server, you'll see Other SMTP Servers. Tap "Add Server". On the next page, enter "smtp.gmail.com" to "Host Name" and let Google verify this server. You don't need to enter a password or your username.

As soon as it's set up, try sending again.

Okay, and it was verified, but there was another one which was already there and it's off. Should I leave it off?

Sent from my iPhone 6

The first one under "other SMTP servers" was already there before i tap "add server ", and there it is

Sent from my iPhone 6

Is it the same one? Take a look at it. If it has the same settings, delete this server and keep the one you added just now.

The difference is that, the one which was already there has my email address as the user name, as well as my password. The rest is the same

Sent from my iPhone 6

I saw the reply, i just explained the difference, now i am going to delete the one which was already there...right?

Sent from my iPhone 6

*sigh* it CANNOT be deleted, only the one I added has the option to delete!!

Sent from my iPhone 6

If it can't be deleted, enable it and delete the new one. The settings are identic, so it should work as well.