What's new

CAN'T SEND E MAILS FROM MY iPHONE 4s

aandarnott

Reaction score
Can anybody help.Since I got my phone in October 2011 I have been able to receive all of my E Mails in my Apple Mail Account.However, I cannot send E Mails. I have checked my settings on the phone,account details etc and they appear to be correct.I have tried repeatedly to send an E Mail, only for the phone to be stuck on 'sending'for days on end.This has a tendency to drain my battery and of course my patience.Went into the 3 shop yesterday, but they were less than useless.Any suggestions would be appreciated.

If that doesn't work, you may find that you're having issues with the SMTP mail server that you're using. There are numerous threads around on that topic and many different (often complicated) answers. I had this myself recently, and the simplest answer for me was to open an account with AuthSMTP and use their mail servers to send my mail.... worked a treat.

A lot of times, your home ISP won't let you use e-mail while out of your home network. It's their side, not you and, AFAIK, there's no fixing that.

My solution is also what was suggested - open an Exchange account that's web-based (I now use Gmail) and use that while away from home. I've even got my Gmail as my default, even when at home. Saves trying to remember to change it while out...

Good luck.

Marilyn