What's new

Can't reply to text messages

Myron

Reaction score
A new problem has arisen. When I receive a text message, a blank screen appears right underneath where I type a reply. On the lower-right side is a blue oval saying "Send". I keep touching "Send" after typing the response, but nothing happens. Why won't it send the typed response? What am I doing wrong? I am forced to leave the message page and hunt in contacts and re-type the message to finally re-type it then send it. Very annoying.

Can you post a screenshot? Press home and power buttons at the same time...

I know how to take a screenshot but how do I send it to this forum? Where exactly do I mail it to? I notice that unless my typed response is highlighted in lime green, pressing send is useless as the send oval is already highlighted in blue. I attempt to get the message I want to send to be highlighted by touching the screen, but it only changes to green rarely. What am I doing wrong? Thanks for your patience.

I don't quite understand what your don't wrong. You should just be able to type what you want and press send. You don't need to highlight anything.

To post on a fourm you need to upload your image to a hosting website. I use the photobucket app. Image shack is also good as you can upload a singe picture without registering...

Whenever I attempt to respond to the message, the "send" oval is already highlit in blue. When pressed, the reply is not sent unless I can get the reply to be highlit in green. Since nobody else is having this problem and I text all the time, I will bring my handheld to AT &T/ Apple Store to see what's going-on as this is not an intermittent problem. I have had fights with friends already who want to know why I don't answer their texts. Incidentally, when I add a photo to my response, my response gets highlit and can be sent. Strange?

I still don't quite understand whats going on but you've defiantly got yourself a problem.

Have your tried a reboot or restore. It will be the first things AT&T will ask you/try...

Thanks. The problem was solved at the AT& T Store and now I can send messages again.