What's new

Can't hear phone calls

Gresh14

Reaction score
** Update. Never mind. Even though the speaker looked very clean I took a slightly moistened tooth pick and gently cleaned the speaker. I'm guessing it might have been hairspray in the speaker. It worked after that.

today for some reason I can hardly hear the calls I'm making, meaning the ringing or the person picking up. Phone is turned all the way up have done several hard resets, restored phone. Nothing works. I've tried googling it and see some people are having the same issue. Any one hear have this? Found a way to fix it? Thanks

Last edited:
I have to ask.....How did hairspray get in your speaker before?

I have to ask.....How did hairspray get in your speaker before?

Well I have my phone with me when getting ready in the morning. And if i forget to move my phone or turn it over hairspray builds up on the screen. So I'm assuming it also built up in the speaker

Well I have my phone with me when getting ready in the morning. And if i forget to move my phone or turn it over hairspray builds up on the screen. So I'm assuming it also built up in the speaker
Ok, Maybe the same thing happened again?
Might be a good idea to move your phone when spraying your hair.

Ok, Maybe the same thing happened again?
Might be a good idea to move your phone when spraying your hair.

I must have misunderstood you or vis versa. The hairspray thing didn't happen before it happen just this once this morning. Assumed that since I've noticed hairspray on the screen in the past that it must have also built up in the speaker. So yes it was the problem today and cleaning it fixed it

Ah right, Got it........ Your "Update" was at the top of the post instead of underneath.