What's new

Can't get iMessage to work

BatEars

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I upgraded my iPhone 4 the other day without any problems and iMessage worked fine and I tested it out with a friend.
I updated my girlfriends iPhone 3GS and everything seems good except iMessage won't work

here's my issue regarding iMessage too... as i have just updated iOS 5 in my iPhone 4 along with my fren which have same config... and we try to use iMessage between us via WIFI but it seems the NETWORK provider should have access this service to it which unfortunately our provider don't have. Is that the problem ??? if not how can i make it work. Hope someone got my reply :).

I to have problems with iMessage, i just 'connecting' at the top but it don't connect.

I have nothing in contacts or requests, but settings is there with my 1st and Last names.

Phone is hooked to WiFi and I'm on BT infinity Internet provider (UK)

Any ideas?

it worked on mine now :), what i have done is i have added one of my fren's email id (which need to be verified by apple first) (here i used apple id of my fren too) in contact list and from contact i choose send message option then choose email id instead of phone number. We both are on WIFI and now able to send iMessage;), but yes for this both need iOS 5 on their idevice. if anyone like to try iMessage and FaceTime then you guys can add my apple id ([email protected]). As for both iMessage and FaceTime its same process. If u wish to check then add me and call me :)

crowd pleaser said:
I to have problems with iMessage, i just 'connecting' at the top but it don't connect.

I have nothing in contacts or requests, but settings is there with my 1st and Last names.

Phone is hooked to WiFi and I'm on BT infinity Internet provider (UK)

Any ideas?

I had the same problem for a while.
I switched my phone off then on and
Imessenger started working again.
Have you tried this?

Thanks, and yes i had tried it

Turned off auto login so now shows 'signing in' but just keeps going :(