What's new

Can't erase an icon

jmcgrady25

Reaction score
Hi I'm new on the forum but I hope somebody can help me, well I got a Verizon iPhone and was jailbroke, that wasn't the problem, the problem was when I downloaded a theme I don't remember the name but I think was carbon something when I installed that theme there was an icon as well witch send you to a web page now when I upgraded the phone to the new iOS 4.10 I am not able to erase that icon well I'm able to erase it like a normal icons but when I turn the phone off and then turn it on the icon still on the screen and I have no idea how erase it for ever, so please anyone who has any idea thank you very much

Was it a cydia app? If it is then you'll have to delete through cydia. Hope this helps.

Cydelete i think it's called or something similiar? Deletes all Cydia icons the same way as normal icons. No need to go searching through Cydia manually. But that sounds like a sort of shortcut for a bookmark. But do try Cydelete and if that don't work i am unsure as my brain just switched off now lol

Swi.Wilts said:
Cydelete i think it's called or something similiar? Deletes all Cydia icons the same way as normal icons. No need to go searching through Cydia manually. But that sounds like a sort of shortcut for a bookmark. But do try Cydelete and if that don't work i am unsure as my brain just switched off now lol

Unfortunately he can't go into Cydia bc he upgraded to 4.2.10 and there is no jailbreak from that. I just restoring the device might be the only way to get your phone back to normal

Thanks a lot but I did erased it when was jailbreak through cydia and doesn't works and now I can erase it but it shows up again and I reboot it a lot a times but it stills showing up, and that is weird

So you're having a issue restoring the phone..why don't you go into settings, general, reset and erase all content and settings and then restore again using iTunes.