What's new

Can't download large apps

Neil_PJ

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new here so not sure if this topic has come up before..using a 64gb with the latest iOS
I went to download a large game from the store. 1.2gb in size yet it just stuck waiting for hours even though it downloaded just fine onto to my old iPad 2 at the same time..so I tried a smaller app and that worked just fine so I guess it's not the store or my phone that's the problem..any theories would be greatly appreciated
Thanks...

Welcome to iPhoneForums!

Maybe you paused the app while it was downloading, without noticing it. Tap the app icon once. If it starts downloading and installing again, this was the reason why it didn't load.

Sometimes resetting helps. Press and hold Home and Power button until you see the Apple logo. Let go of both, the iPhone will power up on it's own. This kind of reset won't revert settings or remove data, so it's safe to perform it.

If possible, remove the app from your device and try installing it again. Sometimes this is possible the way you remove an app from your homescreen (tap and hold until it wiggles, tap x), sometimes you'll need to go to Settings - General - Usage - Storage - Manage Storage, find the app and delete it.

If this doesn't help, go to Settings - iTunes & App Store, tap your Apple ID and sign out. Restart your device, sign in again and try downloading the app once more.

Hope that helps.

Welcome to iPhoneForums!

Maybe you paused the app while it was downloading, without noticing it. Tap the app icon once. If it starts downloading and installing again, this was the reason why it didn't load.

Sometimes resetting helps. Press and hold Home and Power button until you see the Apple logo. Let go of both, the iPhone will power up on it's own. This kind of reset won't revert settings or remove data, so it's safe to perform it.

If possible, remove the app from your device and try installing it again. Sometimes this is possible the way you remove an app from your homescreen (tap and hold until it wiggles, tap x), sometimes you'll need to go to Settings - General - Usage - Storage - Manage Storage, find the app and delete it.

If this doesn't help, go to Settings - iTunes & App Store, tap your Apple ID and sign out. Restart your device, sign in again and try downloading the app once more.

Hope that helps.