What's new

Cant call 2 numbers in my contact list

XcessiveCarts

Reaction score
This is the most unusual problem i have ever had. We have 2 iphone 5's and a 4s. Starting last night, my wife was on the phone with one of these people and the phone went silent, so when she called the person back, we noticed the problem. None of the phones will connect when we try to call 2 of our family members landlines. The time counter on the screen shows that we are calling, yet nothing but silence, and there phone doesnt ring. I called 20 other contacts, and our phones worked fine. The 2 numbers that wont connect are different area codes. They can call us, and it goes right through.

Are you both on iOS7? Have you tried calling "from" a land line? That would help indicated it might be a carrier issue or rule it out. You might also find a friend with an iPhone and see if the call goes through. I know those ideas don't give you any answers, but it might rule out some things.

I have noticed since updating to iOS7, there is sometimes a lag on a call, but it does go through eventually. The timer will show the call starting and yet it will be 15 seconds before the phone rings. I am not sure what to make of it to be honest. I'm going to follow your thread to see if anyone else has something to add.

I dont have a landline i can try that with. All 3 phones have iOS7. Iam going to have to call Sprint, which is a real pain.

Talked to Sprint on Sunday, they had no idea, but would look into it. By Monday morning, the problem disappeared.