What's new

Cannot send text messages after iOS 11, Anyone can help?

Dylan_Basiladze

Reaction score
I just cannot send text messages after updating to iOS 11. But iMessages can be successfully received and sent by my phone number.
Trapped by this for more than one month since I updated to iOS 11 beta. For now I used the public version iOS 11 but this issue existed still.
Can anyone help?

Have you tried to update to 11.0.2?? There are some bug fixes in this IOS. Not sure if one covers your issue, but it wouldn’t hurt to update IMO. Also, have you tried a hard reset yet? Or powering the phone down for a few minutes and then powering it back up. Sometimes there can be a glitch when downloading new things. Hope you get it resolved. Also check in the message settings for anything that may have changed. And last but not least, you could perform a Reset of the Network Settings. This may or may not help. Just trying to throw some different things out that might help. Again, hope you get it resolved and have a good one.

Have you tried to update to 11.0.2?? There are some bug fixes in this IOS. Not sure if one covers your issue, but it wouldn’t hurt to update IMO. Also, have you tried a hard reset yet? Or powering the phone down for a few minutes and then powering it back up. Sometimes there can be a glitch when downloading new things. Hope you get it resolved. Also check in the message settings for anything that may have changed. And last but not least, you could perform a Reset of the Network Settings. This may or may not help. Just trying to throw some different things out that might help. Again, hope you get it resolved and have a good one.
Thank you for your reply. Tried hard reset, reset Network Settings, also called carrier about my text message service, but they didn't work.
Anyway, I will try to update to the 11.0.2 today. Hope it will work.

Reactions: 933
Hopefully you will get it resolved. I suppose I have been either very lucky or blessed to not have any issues with any of my Apple products. They just work. Again, hope you get it resolved and working. Good day.

You could try signing out of iMessages, shutting down the phone, then signing back in again.

Reactions: 933
You could try signing out of iMessages, shutting down the phone, then signing back in again.
Thank you for your suggestion. But my iMessages...it is another long history. My iMessages doesn't work (my phone number cannot be checked under YOU CAN BE REACHED BY IMESSAGE AT and I have to send & receive iMessages via my iCloud account) for a long time after updating to iOS 11 and I tried hard to make it work again. So I don't want to take nay risk to change my iMessages settings or status...
I thought my text messages will be normal after my iMessages goes well. But it seems that they don't affect.....Still cannot send text messages...
My iPhone 6s is lagging sometimes, also. I don't think that iOS 11 is a good choice for my iPhone 6s :(

Hopefully you will get it resolved. I suppose I have been either very lucky or blessed to not have any issues with any of my Apple products. They just work. Again, hope you get it resolved and working. Good day.
Lucky you!