What's new

Cannot Retrieve Voicemails...

Smokinram

Reaction score
Hello,

Just recently my iPhone 4 is having problems retrieving voicemails. The voicemails come in and when I go to listen to it, it acts like it won't connect. The little box next to the message just keeps swirling and swirling. If I wait an hour or so, I MAY be able to listen to it then, but sometimes it takes several hours.

I asked a few friends who have had this issue and it went away for them when they upgraded to OS5, so I did that just now and I am having the same problem with the voicemail.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,
Andy

I'm not sure how to truly fix your problem. I do however have a temporary solution. Using the iphone that has the voice mails, call yourself. That should take you directly into your voice mail so that you can listen to the ones that are there.

I'm not sure how to truly fix your problem. I do however have a temporary solution. Using the iphone that has the voice mails, call yourself. That should take you directly into your voice mail so that you can listen to the ones that are there.

That is a great idea and it works great. Thanks.

As for the problem, I've since heard several others with the same issue. Talked to my local Verizon store and they said they've never heard of it and want to replace my phone. I don't think that is the fix.

Hope someone on here reads this and has a fix.

Thanks again...

I don't have an answer for your problem other that to say I would make sure you take your phone to a corporate store rather than a franchise. The corporate stores have people that are much more knowledgeable about the cellular issues.

Does this issue happen whether using wifi or 3G?

I don't have an answer for your problem other that to say I would make sure you take your phone to a corporate store rather than a franchise. The corporate stores have people that are much more knowledgeable about the cellular issues.

Does this issue happen whether using wifi or 3G?

It happens in both 3G and WiFi

Smokinram said:
It happens in both 3G and WiFi

You didn't restore to iOS 5 with a 4.x backup did you? Because if you did, then that problem would have just been backed up too. Never restore from a backup when restoring to fix a problem. The "problem files" as I call then ate just backed up too. And never restore from a backup when upgrading to a new generation of iOS. i.e.: iOS 4.x to 5.x.

I don't think the OP mentioned restoring...just upgrading. When I upgraded my iOS, iTunes performed the process...I didn't have a choice of how to "restore"???? Or did I miss something when I upgraded?

xrayeyes said:
I don't think the OP mentioned restoring...just upgrading. When I upgraded my iOS, iTunes performed the process...I didn't have a choice of how to "restore"???? Or did I miss something when I upgraded?

Upgrading is restoring mate. I think you did miss something.

There was no option that I saw to pick a restore point for the upgrade (that I recall)??

Hmmm, oh well, I'm not having any issues, so I guess I did it right.

And it's ma'am to you mate! LOL! :D

I had the same problem yesterday. I have a jail broken 4S. I know I was able to access voice messages to jail breaking but this is the first one I've received since jail breaking.

Mike

I tried to listen to my voice message and this time I was successful. I tapped speaker and then the message and it played.