What's new

Cannot get reachability to go away

whodat

Reaction score
So, I turned on reachability (the button the works as the home button) on the iPhone 6. Turns out I don't like it (really, really don't like it). The problem is, I cannot get it to go away. I did all the normal stuff. Went into settings and turned it off there (several different attempts at this). That didn't work. Turned the phone off. Rebooted it. Googled every possible solution. Nothing. It simpy will not turn off.

Does anyone have a surefire method of dismissing this blasted thing?

Thanks.

Going to Settings>General>Accessibility>Reachability and turning it off is the only way to turn off the Reachability feature.
Did you recently update the iOS version on your phone? It's possible that the download was corrupted in a minor way, preventing Reachability from being turned off. Have you considered doing the update again, this time through iTunes if you didn't do it that way before.

Forgive me if I'm teaching Grandmother to suck eggs, only I made this mistake when my first iPhone 6 was new. Reachability is not turned on and off by double-tapping the home button. You have to "double-touch" the silver ring around the home button, tapping lightly rather than pushing.

So, I turned on reachability (the button the works as the home button) ...
Are you referring to the small white button on screen that acts as a home button (Assistive Touch)? Or the Reachability feature that brings the top of the screen down into each when double-tapping the home button?