What's new

Cannot Create New Email Folders With Gmail or Roadrunner Mail on iPhone 6S Plus

Puzzled

Reaction score
My iPhone 6S Plus is up-to-date with iOS. I am trying to create new folders in the mail for both Gmail and Roadrunner. I am also trying to delete unused folders. I do the steps and then save but nothing has changed. I exit the mail app to see if it will open with the changes and it is still the same.

I opened my gmail in Safari and logged in and made those changes there and then opened it in the mail app, but it was still with the mailbox I wanted deleted and it did not show the new one. I did not think that would work, but figured I would give it a try.

I have followed the steps in the mail app. At first I thought it was a roadrunner thing because that is nothing but trouble on any device. So I thought I would create a folder or label in the gmail account and name it with what it was for with RR after it so I know it is actually from the roadrunner account, ie FAMILYRR. Gmail would not allow the new mailbox, no matter what I named it. So, I can't edit the folders in gmail mailboxes or roadrunner mailboxes on my iPhone 6S Pus with the iOS up-to-date.

I've just created and removed a few folders in Gmail on my iPhone 7 Plus, in the Mail app, to see whether or not it works. What I've noticed was that Gmail needs a few seconds to show the changes after saving the folders or deleting them. They don't appear or disappear immediately. I've waited for the changes to show before tapping "Done".

Last edited:
I've just created and removed a few folders in Gmail on my iPhone 7 Plus, in the Mail app, to see whether or not it works. What I've noticed was that Gmail needs a few seconds to show the changes after saving the folders or deleting them. They don't appear or disapppear immediately. I've waited for the changes to show before tapping "Done".
I have continued to try. I started yesterday and have been at it for an hour now. The Gmail just started working and thwn I was able to create one in Roadrunner. Then, I tried to move roadrunner email that was in a gmail folder because I moved it there because a few years ago I was not able to create one in my roadrunner account. So, I now have a folder for that company in my Roadrunner email box. After I selected the email in the gmail folder I created, I chose to move it to its proper folder in the roadrunner email box. Lost the email. It is not in either folder now. Looked in both trash and inboxes and it does not appear. Maybe that will take a while too.

I have notices that sometimes the changes are quick and other times it takes a while. I did a few more after the folder finally showed up, and they were quicker.

I hope I have not confused anyone. I wish I could just eliminate the Roadrunner and use my gmail, but they arw necessary.

Thank you.

I'm glad it was finally possible to create new folders. Hopefully the Roadrunner folder will soon appear in the right account.

I have Roadrunner as well as another email account. Under settings, go to mail. Click on the account you want to fix, in this case roadrunner. Scroll down and click on advanced. In this section you have settings for how long to maintain something deleted as well as archiving. This should help you get the setup you want.