What's new

Cancelling voice messages

brixtonboy

Reaction score
Hi all the new update has reset my voice settings, when someone calls they can leave a message. How can l cancel it.
I have searched no luck.
TIA. B.B.

Gmail.com is that what you mean? If you mean network l’m in Germany and using Drillisch. Think connect to O2

Hi brixtonboy. I am not really sure there is a choice. The only thing I know for sure is that if you do not set up a voicemail box, then no one can leave a message. Hope that helps somewhat.

That’s what l mean l don’t want people to be able to leave voice messages.

I think you should be able to un-set your voice mailbox, but I am not sure how to do that other than to restore the phone to factory settings. Sorry. Wish I could be more help.

I restored my phone to get it working again. I was on IOS 10 had a few app problems sorted now. IOS 11 is not so bad. But l don’t want people in England telling me to call back. The official people have more money than me, they can call me back. Stubborn or what. JA will know how to do it for sure
Thanks for trying B.B.

I am with 3 and I recently got a lot of voicemails.
In order to stop them I had to phone my provider and they turned off voicemail for me.
Quite often you can't do it yourself so try that.

You bet. I receive A LOT of spam/scam calls. I used to block the numbers, but the amount of blocked numbers ran into the hundreds. Now, I just do not answer my phone if I do not recognise the number. Such as shame to pay for phone service and then have to be harassed like that. I understand how you feel. At least most of them do not leave a message.

I tipped ##002# and it said in German that it was switched off.
Got it from iPhone-Tricks.com
Home it works. B.B.

Hi all sorry no feedback, well last week the company called me back. Hallo it's here, ok l said.
Do you have a few minutes yes. I went went and got the paperwork the few minutes lasted 45 minutes.
Either the they could not leave another message for me, or got desperate for the information l had.
Thanks all B.B.

I restored my phone to get it working again. I was on IOS 10 had a few app problems sorted now. IOS 11 is not so bad. But l don’t want people in England telling me to call back. The official people have more money than me, they can call me back. Stubborn or what. JA will know how to do it for sure
Thanks for trying B.B.

Make your voice mail message say something like this, "This voicemail box is not monitored, any messages left here will not be heard or responded to"