What's new

Canada (fido) Iphone 4s iOS 7.1.2, Modem 5.2.00 jailbreak for use in France?

Devon

Reaction score
First off, is there a jailbreak that supports my phones specs that will allow me to unlock it for use in a different country? If so, please direct me to the source.
Secondly, if I understand correctly, Fido operates on the GSM 1900 network, will I be able to find a network provider in France that operates on the same frequency?
So to conclude, Will I be able as simple as unlocking my jailbreaking my phone, unlocking it, then picking up the new sim card when I arrive at my country of destination?
Thank you, in advance, for any help you may have. It's greatly appreciated.

Jailbreaking your iPhone will not enable it to be unlocked. Jailbreaking and unlocking are completely separate. Have you tried asking your cellular carrier to unlock your phone for international use?

I was under the impression that once the phone is jailbroken one can unlock it using ultrasn0w via cydia, no?

I was under the impression that once the phone is jailbroken one can unlock it using ultrasn0w via cydia, no?
That only works with the iPhone 4 and earlier. It won't work with the iPhone 4s.

That only works with the iPhone 4 and earlier. It won't work with the iPhone 4s.
Unfortunately, early on with the iPhone 4... Apple closed up the modem firmware loop hole (1.59.00) that allowed user unlocks with ultrasn0w. Since then, Jailbreaking then unlocking via software hasn't been acomplished.