What's new

can two iphones share a computer?

pooswa

Reaction score
for the purpose of synching and music? how do i do this..?have a 3gs and a 4..

Last edited:
Yes, 2 iPhones can share a comp, for you to not have the same songs and videos or pictures on the 2 phones you will have to manage the sync manualy, at the begaining in your itune on your comp, after connecting an iphone, go to the sumary tab in the itune where u will see the sumary of your phone, down you will see a list of options that can be apply on the connected phone, chose MANAGE SONGS MANUALLY and then you can check or uncheck the songs you or those that you don't want to be sync to the phone, you can also manage the videos and the pictures manualy, as for the app sync it doesn't disturb except the fact the itune will backup each one of the iPhones and you can uncheck the sync case for the apps. This is how i manage to sync my phone and my wife's phone on our comp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's not the only way to share devices on the same computer.

We have two iPhones, an iPad and a touch all on the same computer, all on auto sync and all with different content.

To do this, simply set up different users on your computer when you initially log in. When switching to a different device, just log off and switch to the user that is correct for the device you are about to plug in.

This method sets up different libraries for each device so you don't have to select and deselect. You can plug in and autosync away.

Sean

Or you can just make 2 playlists...one for your music and one for your wife and sync playlist instead of all music.
I'm not a big fan of autosync