What's new

Can messages be hidden on iPhones?

onepuddle

Reaction score
I recently got some great advice on here concerning my own iPhone and the Touch ID and it worked great so thank you, but I have another problem concerning my partner's phone (iPhone 7). I have some suspicions they might have been seeing someone a year or two ago, and I would like to know from any experts out there if stuff can be hidden on an iPhone.

I'm not a techie but I have good reason to suspect, and so I have checked iMessenger posts and FB Messenger, as well as searching for other apps. I know a Snapchat app was downloaded in the past but that is not on the phone, for example. I guess I'm asking what cheaters do to cover their tracks, aside from like in this case never have the phone anywhere but in the pocket and all day exercising their thumbs on the screen.

Can messages be hidden? Texts? Can you hide Apps? Are their places on the Facebook App I'm not thinking of looking in? I'm not tech minded and my partner, while no tech genius, is sharper than me on this. Help gratefully received. It has to be done this way as there are kids involved.

Someone posted a very similar message a few months ago. I do not know the answer to your question, but I will tell you the same thing I told the other poster, the same thing I would tell a friend, a loved one, a co-worker, a neighbour, a casual acquaintance. If you have good reason to think that your "partner" (no sure what that may mean other than you are not married) was or is seeing someone else in either an emotionally or physically intimate relationship, you should confront him/her. The question is whether or not s/he will tell you the truth. If s/he was intimate with someone else before, what would make you think s/he would tell you the truth. Whatever the answer, you have to be willing to accept it as the truth and decide if you want to continue with this person.

If the person has been unfaithful to you, you need to search yourself and find a truthful answer as to why you would want to stay with him/her. If s/he did before, chances are good s/he will do it again. The problem you and all unmarried people face at this point is what to do about legal obligations. Marriage may be "old fashioned" to some young people these days, but it is there to protect your legal rights all the way to the end of the relationship whether it be by "death do you part" or divorce. If you did not protect yourself legally with regard to property and child support, well you are in for an even more difficult situation than someone who had that contract in place.

I would tell this to my dearest friend in the world. If the person is taking advantage of your mutual support of a household, raising children, available sex, and all the rest of it, yet s/he is having intimate relationships behind your back, you should move on. Cut the strings now because if you stay, it will only get worse. As for finding "evidence" on the person's phone, etc., what good exactly is that going to do you? It will not help you in a divorce because you are not married, and even if you were married, if you live in a "no fault divorce" state, it still will not help you very much. All it will do is serve as a point for arguing, pain, hurt, and possibly worse. If you are not normally a very suspicious or paranoid or jealous person, yet you sincerely believe something happened, then the best thing you can do for yourself is to move on. You can find another "partner." This time, though, I recommend you marry for one thing. Forget finding evidence on his/her phone. You already know in your heart what you want to do. Good luck.

Thanks for your kind words. I am married, and they have been confronted and denied it. The purpose of looking into the phone is to see if they are telling the truth. If I find nothing, I should be able to forget and move on. If I find something I know they are lying to me and pretty much all of what you just said kicks in. Thanks.

I think you already know the truth. You have to either accept the person's answer and put it behind you without any "evidence" and continue with your marriage, or you have to pick up your marbles and go home as it were. I do not envy you in this situation. Wish you all the best.

Facebook doesn’t have a feature to hide messages, and the Messages app on the iPhone doesn’t do this either, on a stock (not jailbroken) iPhone.

Thanks for your kind words. I am married, and they have been confronted and denied it. The purpose of looking into the phone is to see if they are telling the truth. If I find nothing, I should be able to forget and move on. If I find something I know they are lying to me and pretty much all of what you just said kicks in. Thanks.

IMessages can’t be hidden, but they can simply be deleted.