What's new

Can i use ATT SIM Card with $25 GoPhone® Refill Card on Iphone 4S

Becast

Reaction score
currently have an Iphone 4S locked to AT&T. Im not sure but this is what I think. let me know if im right.

I want to buy at&t sim card from the following link:
www.wireless.att.com/cell-phone-service/cell-phone-details/?device=AT%26T+SIM+Card&q_sku=sku981990#f...

I know that Iphone 4S uses a smaller sim card. I was thinking of cuting it to adjust it for the iphone 4s size and then to refill the card to use:
$25 GoPhone® Refill Card from the following link: www.wireless.att.com/cell-phone-service/accessory-details/?q_sku=sku1150030#fbid=cpFvmI3MsG-

I want to know if i can use this on my iphone 4S. The $25 gophone refill card gives 250 minutes for 90 days (no data no web).
I only care for talking on the iphone 4S with the $25 refill card. So will the iphone 4S support this or not.

If im incorrect please guide me. you already know my purpose:
IPhone 4S with prepaid sim card and $25 refill card

Please make recomendations if this do not work or let me know what can i do.

Last edited:
I don't think it will unlock u need data open but lmk if it works!!
Yes n log into iTunes :)
Maybe it will work very interesting I'd love to know answer!

The problem you will run into here is that At&t will know that the Go Phone SIM is in a iPhone/smartphone that requires a data plan. I'm not on the up and up as far as trimming down a full size SIM to fit the micro SIM slot... but I'm sure someone will chime in regards to that. The service will work as you're wanting... I've known a few that used Go Phone SIMs in 3GS'. Although, you will be charged for a "Data Plan" monthly... and will be charged to the $$ amount you have on the Go Phone account. I'm not sure what the rates are per MB/GB... but I do know they're higher than if you have a regular monthly billed account.

I tried to cut down a regular sized sim card with a cutting tool bought from ebay... Didnt work very well for me. Tried it on several unused sim cards first and it just always seemed to damage the very edges of the gold plated area.. Im sure there is a way around it but its quite tricky and leaves no plastic trim atall around the gold plated area once cut down to size to fit into the i4. Good luck and i recommend that you try it out first on a few dead/unused sims :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone find out?
I looked it up and you need a data plan no doubt lol with an IPhone and why bother without data!!
I personally would not use the iPhone If I just wanted to make calls it's like a smaller device to do everything I want or can do with my laptop.... Just saying:)

I just found out. That yes it can be done. While activating the sim card i can just select the .10 cents plan. Then just refill it.
Not sure about if some applications will spend some credit from the prepaid account.