Can I enhance video quality

Discussion in 'iPhone Camera' started by roaml, Apr 11, 2011.

1. roaml

roaml New Member

Hello,

I am wondering if I can enhance the quality of my video when playing it on my PC. I have an iPhone 4 and the video quality on the phone is beautiful, but when I save and play it on my PC the quality is grainy and not clear. The format is saved as a 3GP. Could the format be the issue? Can I convert the video to a better quality format? If this is possible, any suggestions from the experts out there. Thank you. J

2. Unleashed

Unleashed Administrator Staff Member

the iphone 4 saves as .mp4 not .3gp, that is the best format to use with the iphone, 3gp is very low quality and if you use mp4 then its very good quality

3. djaanright

djaanright New Member

You need a better camera. If your video is complete crap from the source, than no amount of special effects, or video editing can make it look better.

4. Unleashed

Unleashed Administrator Staff Member

no but saving it as .3gp did not help much at all, i have taken videos with the iphone 4 and all have been very good quality. they save as .mp4 though i never had a iphone video save as .3gp that is very poor quality video format

5. roaml

roaml New Member

Hello, thank you all for your responses. Yes, the video is beautiful on my iPhone, but when I text (MMS) the video to an email such as AOL it is attached as a .3GP file. I saved the video as an .MP4 as suggested, but there was no change in quality. :-(