What's new

Can I downgrade if I don't have SHSH saved for 5.0.1? ADVISE PLEASE

drversace

Reaction score
:ios4:I have 5.1 on my iPhone 4.
I wanted to jailbreak but that is tethered so now i want to do 2 things:-

1) either downgrade to 5.0.1 but i don't have SHSH saved.

2) completely restore my iPhone so this jailbreak patch gets removed...

PLEASE ADVISE

Sorry, but no. Without SHSH blobs for iOS 5.0.1, there is no way to downgrade back to it now that you are on 5.1.

Marilyn

I could be wrong, but even WITH the shsh blobs there is no way to downgrade is there? I thought once you were there you were stuck.

iFAith (a) only works on a device other than the 4S or iPad2 and (b) will only grab SHSH blobs of the installed firmware. So, if you've already upgraded to iOS 5.1, regardless of the device, iFaith cannot grab 5.0.1 blobs because they aren't there. But, if you have an iPhone 4 or below still on iOS 5.0.1, then yes, use iFaith to grab blobs and build a custom 5.0.1 firmware. Then you can upgrade or downgrade as you wish.

Again, if you are on 5.1, this can't be done. And, even if you are on 5.0.1 with an iPhone 4S - iFaith will NOT work for that phone. For now, the SHSH blobs, while save able, are of no use to those with the 4S. If you move to iOS 5.1 on a 4S, you cannot go back down, ever.

Thing is, if you move off of 5.0.1, without saving blobs, on any phone, you cannot go back. Apple has closed that window.

I think I've covered every contingency. Hope some of this clarifies.

Marilyn