What's new

can i add speed dial icons on homescreen?

cadman33619

Reaction score
i've searched high and low... i've tried about 2 dozen apps/methods...even paid apps. nothing works.

can anyone tell me a concrete way to add speed dials to the homescreen?

You can find apps to do that in the App Store under favorites/widgets. They all have reviews to rate how well they work.
Or you can turn on Show in App Switcher under Contacts, in settings. Then your most recent contacts will show an icon or pic and you can click on that. IOS 9 may even improve that functioning from your point of view. I turned it off on mine but I never like others knowing my business.

You can find apps to do that in the App Store under favorites/widgets. They all have reviews to rate how well they work.
Or you can turn on Show in App Switcher under Contacts, in settings. Then your most recent contacts will show an icon or pic and you can click on that. IOS 9 may even improve that functioning from your point of view. I turned it off on mine but I never like others knowing my business.
"Turn On In App Switcher " is gone in iOS 9. They no longer show there. Either add to favorites in the phone app or use a widget app in the Notification Center.

"Turn On In App Switcher " is gone in iOS 9. They no longer show there. Either add to favorites in the phone app or use a widget app in the Notification Center.
Does that mean in IOS 9 I won't be able to turn this off?

I found my answer in an article on 9to5MAC.
. It was only introduced last year, but the Recent/Favorite Contacts bar has also been removed with iOS 9
So it's gone.

Last edited:
Does that mean in IOS 9 I won't be able to turn this off?

I found my answer in an article on 9to5MAC.
. It was only introduced last year, but the Recent/Favorite Contacts bar has also been removed with iOS 9
So it's gone.
Search returned at the very left. Under "Siri Suggestions", you'll find contacts you called recently, so it's not gone complelety. If you don't want to see them, disable "Siri Suggestions" in Settings - General - Spotlight Search.